BajaNomad

D'Volada Gourmet Coffee

bajaguy - 6-12-2007 at 09:14 PM

This is a new place (just opened) and is part of a chain in Mexico. They have several locations in TJ and two in Ensenada. We stopped by one Ensenada location on Ave Reforma on Monday (6-11-07) at 7:30AM (they open at 5:30AM).

The place is clean, and the coffee selection is really good. Modeled on *bucks, but better, IMHO. Great staff, friendly and speak english. Lots of pastry and they have Wi-Fi.

If you are driving toward main Ensenada on Ave Reforma from the COSTCO, it is on the right side, between the PEMEX and Solo Precio/Mueblera Bonzana....if you get to Ave Villareal (the stoplight) you just passed it!!!

PS: bajablonde, the "official" bathroom inspector gives the banos the stamp of approval.

[Edited on 6-13-2007 by bajaguy]

bajabound2005 - 6-20-2007 at 05:27 PM

Love that these folks open up so early! We stopped in yesterday at about 7 am to get some cafe para llevar. The coffee was quite excellent. Except that everything is in Spanish you would swear you were in a Starbucks -- decor, menu, the works! This will be a regular stop for us when we make our wild and crazy day trips to the States.

Gypsy Jan - 6-20-2007 at 06:50 PM

Jesse posted about D'Volada a few years ago, with the statement that it was funded by drug money.

Because of this, I have never patronized the establishments.

bajaguy - 6-20-2007 at 06:54 PM

and the proof would be..........?????

Gypsy Jan - 6-20-2007 at 07:12 PM

If you want reassurance or info on Jesse' credibility, just search the archives of Baja Nomad.

If you want to read his comments on D'Volada, again, just search the archives.

BTW, I have never met or corresponded with Jesse, but a lot of the Nomads know him and have praised him as a righteous person and damn fine restaurateur.

bajaguy - 6-20-2007 at 07:14 PM

I will u2u him

JESSE - 6-20-2007 at 08:44 PM

Tijuana has changed a lot in the past 2 or 3 years, so its no longer very safe to discuss these things here like it use to be (this board is now followed and watched by a lot more people than the small group it was just several years ago). I understand most D'Voladas today are franchises, so i don't see why the investors of the cafe should not get the business from nomads.

Gracias.

bajaguy - 6-20-2007 at 08:50 PM

PS:

Vinnie the Kneecap says the coffee is great!!!

bajamigo - 6-20-2007 at 09:38 PM

Only my mother calls me Vinnie!

bajaguy - 6-20-2007 at 09:48 PM

not anymore!!!!