BajaNomad

Mulege fish report (lil late)

beachbum1A - 6-18-2007 at 09:47 AM

Greetings!
Fished Mulege on 4 days between June 7th and the 13th, did some snorkeling and wasted a couple of days trying to get a truck repaired (unsuccessfully). Dorado were out 25 miles at first and on last day we fished almost 40 miles out. Trolled feathers worked best with purple/white getting hit the best. Had a couple of hits where we had a whole school around the boat and used live bait to catch more and hold'em there.
Was getting hot when we left and quite humid but first part of the trip was nicer.
Misssed seeing Pompano at the Jungle but toasted a few anyway. :lol:

tripledigitken - 6-18-2007 at 10:08 AM

beachbum1A,

Thanks for the report. I'll be sure to take some purple and white feathers. Good to hear that you got into some Dorado. Was anyone catching yellowtail?

Ken

Cypress - 6-18-2007 at 12:55 PM

Thanks for keeping us posted on the fishing.:yes:

beachbum1A - 6-18-2007 at 05:16 PM

tripledigitken; no, no YT to be found, only Dorado and bottom fish. Oh yes, did see a few Marlin sunning themselves but sank down b4 we could get close enough to cast a live bait to'em. Heard on the radio that someone had hooked up with a Marlin early one morning though.

tripledigitken - 6-19-2007 at 03:05 PM

beachbum1A,

Thanks for that update. I report after the 4th of July. This weeks Mexfish report is an improved one over yours. I hope it keeps getting better.

Ken

tripledigitken - 6-28-2007 at 05:00 PM

Any Nomad fishing around Mulege or Punta Chivato that can offer up a report?

Much appreciated.

Ken

Russ - 6-28-2007 at 06:59 PM

For Dorado & Billfish it's been spotty. The farther out you go the better it's been. I think this cooler water that has been around awhile will finally move out and the fishing inside will get hot. Watch the water temps. A lot of the reports I've heard are 20 miles out or more. That's from the Chivato radios. Maybe someone from Mulege has better news.

tripledigitken - 6-29-2007 at 08:34 AM

Russ,

Thanks for the report. Hope they cooperate next week!

Ken