BajaNomad

playa santa barbara

coolhand - 6-26-2007 at 04:16 PM

Is this cove in Bahia Concepcion a boat/kayak in only place now? I know there used to be a road to the cove. Have any of you crazy Nomads:spingrin: been there recently. What the shape of the place these days?

Patches - 8-11-2007 at 09:21 AM

It is a good kayak beach if you want to get away from the other developed coves. It has two beaches, both car accessible (not sure about the quality of the drive in) with the nicer beach being to the south.

toneart - 8-11-2007 at 10:06 AM

I've only reached it by boat. It's a secluded beach and cove. Not the most beautiful beach, but it is secluded. One day last April while I was there, a jet ski was racing around pretty close and making lots of noise. (I also saw one harassing a whale that had ventured into the Bahia de Conception. Unfortunately, I couldn't fix the laser dot on him without endangering the whale).There are roads that come right to the trees that are on the beach. A BajaNomad string of about 3 or 4 weeks ago discussed a proposed development there. :fire:

Bob and Susan - 8-11-2007 at 10:14 AM

the ONLY road in right now is from coyote...

there's a BIG mountain between it and Mex1

the bay is sure calm but...
in the summer, like right now, that's NOT a good thing HOT!!!

in winter it's Purfect!!!!

Bruce R Leech - 8-13-2007 at 07:59 AM

Unfortunately, I couldn't fix the laser dot on him without endangering the whale).??????????

What are you trying to do?:lol: