BajaNomad

WON tuna jackpot nov 3rd?

capt. mike - 7-4-2007 at 05:13 AM

any body here planning on going this year?
where staying?

TUNAJACKPOT !!!!

Norm - 7-4-2007 at 07:37 AM

Yes~~ Mike we are team #one & I hope the new Carolina runs like it should this time !!!+We stay at the vags rv park ..
NORM & SUE

capt. mike - 7-6-2007 at 02:03 PM

ok, i have friends from ABQ and Frezno entered on a 52' sporty.
they are staying at the MdeC. nov 3rd.
thinking of joining them as they have space on the boat. never fished a formal money tourney before.

maybe we can meet up for lies and such!

TUNA !!!

Norm - 7-10-2007 at 06:28 AM

Thanks-- MIKE, IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEA YOU +We have a house near the lapaz airport that we are working on.. You can do a flyby some time !!
Norm/Sue

capt. mike - 7-10-2007 at 03:14 PM

ok, we'll do.

say, there is a new residential airpark being planned in la paz somewhere.

i have the developer's names and #s. maybe you can call them for me, local call and get some info.:light:

i sent them an email today. the stuff just came out on airpark news mag.

sure would like to see what they're doing and at what $$$s:?:

tripledigitken - 7-10-2007 at 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
ok, we'll do.

say, there is a new residential airpark being planned in la paz somewhere.

i have the developer's names and #s. maybe you can call them for me, local call and get some info.:light:

i sent them an email today. the stuff just came out on airpark news mag.

sure would like to see what they're doing and at what $$$s:?:

It won't be in the $1000 to $1200 range.:lol::lol::lol:

capt. mike - 7-11-2007 at 06:27 AM

hey Ken! as Ed McMahon would say......YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

you know i heard from the developer yesterday, his location is killer. the masterplan is being sent to me via CAD so i can plot it.

about a thousand AC. gross, 400 and change hectars, 3500' paved strip and some other well thought out amenities. sure would be nice to get one of the early releases.

and....ta da!....9 holes of every conservationist's worst nightmare.....GOLF!!

but he's doing it eco friendly, artificial turf greens and desert target style fairways like we do some places water challenged in AZ.

and LOW density contrary to LB.
1/2 AC to 1 AC lots Residential to be initially off grid solar.

pipe dream? maybe - who cares?

capt. mike - 7-18-2007 at 08:31 AM

Norm - i emailed the MDC for availability for 7th to 10th. my buddy arr on 3rd for a week.
so i'll let you know if i am there and what the name of their boat is.
back up hotel is La quinta del sol couple a miles from town.
haven't stayed in cabo since 1992! think its changed much??..........

bajajudy - 7-18-2007 at 08:58 AM

Mike actually Quinta del Sol is only a couple of blocks from the main drag..an excellent back up for mdc.
Lets have a nomad get together while you are here. I havent been to the giggling marlin in years.....that might be hoot.
Osoflojo....will you be around?
Who else might be around then?:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

capt. mike - 7-18-2007 at 12:43 PM

hola Judy, sounds good to me.
last time i was at the marlin in 1981, 1st cabo trip, not a single paved street, i got hung upside down like the tourist i was and gurgled the stupid juice....
stayed at MDC for about 5 nights for $30 per. Drank at the Hacienda on the beach like a high roller. and yes i got pretty high.....while we rolled.

hope i can make it.

Nomad Jackpot

Norm - 7-19-2007 at 07:26 AM

JUDY / MIKE
We stay out at the vags rv park north of town, jusy look for the blue peterbuilt rig .. It would be nice to have a party of some kind !!
HOPE BIG TUNA FOR ALL !!~~ This is our # seven trip, sure hope it's the winner ????
sea ya~ Norm & Sue

capt. mike - 7-19-2007 at 07:51 AM

Norm, what is the name of that restaurant that's actually in a trailer park of somekind in cabo? i think it may be called " the trailer park?
food was killer and large qtys, place was packed last time i was there.

bajajudy - 7-19-2007 at 08:04 AM

Mike, the original trailer park has moved into town behind Lenny's Deli....Lenny being the original owner of the trailer park restaurant.
I have not eaten there but I understand that the food is as good and the quantities still large.

Norm, when the time is closer, lets make a plan!

Norm - 7-20-2007 at 06:32 AM

This will be a good time + there will be other nomads as we go along !!!
Mike I think the place you are thinking about is up in the west end of town , a buddy of mine knows the owner !!
Got lots of work going on now +We will be working on the fires here in cal when when it starts here !!
take care ~~ Norm/Sue

capt. mike - 7-20-2007 at 06:44 AM

i have until the 25th to lock in my cheap rates at MDC, wow!! $50 a nite for 2 - plux taxes.....Still! for cabo? what a deal!

but - there's a good chance i can get a comp at the new Pacific Monarch Resort Azul in los cabos. have to juggle a bit here. Schedule is a moving target - a hate to confirm plans way out. the plane gives me flexibility in travel you don't get with airlines!
and - the 1000 is the week after! what to do??

MDC has a very crummy cancel policy BTW - can't have it both ways i guess with their very inexpensive rooms.

i really like cabo tho inspite of all the bad press it gets. it really is a jewel, just a pricey one.