BajaNomad

Purchasing Fishing Lic

dp - 7-6-2007 at 08:08 AM

Can anyone give me the location (directions) and hours of the location for purchasing a fishing and boat license in Loreto?

Thanks.

Hook - 7-6-2007 at 08:40 AM

Look within the post about inspections in the Asuncion area. I think there was some discussion about how it is handled there.

Don Alley - 7-6-2007 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dp
Can anyone give me the location (directions) and hours of the location for purchasing a fishing and boat license in Loreto?

Thanks.

Conapesca office, in the building next to the Loreto Marina. Open at 8 am, Mon-Fri. She was a little late a couple of days ago. Open until 2 or 3.

Bring 20-25 pesos (exact change) for a processing fee. Sometimes you can pay the full license fee there, but you may have to go to the state finance office (better than the bank, no lines) on Calle Juarez across from the Iguana Inn and Posada San Martin, to pay the fee.

That's what to do if you are already here. However, I recommend visitors get their licenses in the US before coming, just in case.

dp - 7-6-2007 at 10:18 PM

How about in Mulege? I don't think that our flight arrives in Loreto until around 2:30 and we will be hiring a van to take 7 of us to Mulege. Is there anywhere in Mulege to get a license? How about Santa Rosalia, as that would be much closer than traveling back to Loreto?

Don Alley - 7-6-2007 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dp
How about in Mulege? I don't think that our flight arrives in Loreto until around 2:30 and we will be hiring a van to take 7 of us to Mulege. Is there anywhere in Mulege to get a license? How about Santa Rosalia, as that would be much closer than traveling back to Loreto?

You cannot fly into Loreto and secure a license at the office in the same day.

I strongly advise you to secure your licenses in the US before coming to Mexico. Call Vagabundos Del Mar travel club, Discover Baja, check San Diego area tackle shops, or contact the San Diego office of Conapesca, the Mexican fisheries agency.

Diver - 7-6-2007 at 10:45 PM

Why not call Discover Baja travel club and order them all over the phone/fax ? The cost of the membership fee is well worth the service.
They can propbably get them to you in a day or two.

dp - 7-9-2007 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
Quote:
Originally posted by dp

You cannot fly into Loreto and secure a license at the office in the same day.

I strongly advise you to secure your licenses in the US before coming to Mexico. Call Vagabundos Del Mar travel club, Discover Baja, check San Diego area tackle shops, or contact the San Diego office of Conapesca, the Mexican fisheries agency.

Thanks Don. I got them ordered and I'll have them before I go down. Appreciate all of the great help by everyone.

rhintransit - 7-10-2007 at 11:14 AM

just got my annual fishing license in Loreto, as described above but you do have to go to the fiscal office to pay. all easy and quick. anticipate some delay in the next few days as all the Fishin for the Mission folks who aren't licensed will turn up to do so.

Paula - 7-11-2007 at 12:35 PM

rhintransit,

Please check your u2u.