BajaNomad

Fishing at Abreojos/La Bocana?

msteve1014 - 7-7-2007 at 03:34 PM

Things dont sound too good on the Cortez side right now.Can anyone tell us what is happening in the Pacific? We leave in a few days,for two weeks of camping and fishing, and right now I dont know where Im going.:?::?: Help

shari - 7-7-2007 at 05:30 PM

Here in Asuncion the water has warmed up and fishing is getting better...tons of cabrilla and white fish and halibut from the beach and gorgeous weather.

Diver - 7-7-2007 at 06:54 PM

Go to Asuncion and maybe you can find this guy's brother !!

50lb yellowtail.jpg - 32kB

msteve1014 - 7-7-2007 at 07:18 PM

with 16 days to fool around, we probably will drive up to see how much things have changed since we were there about 10 years ago. I hear lots are still going for about $1000.;D wish I had $1000.

capt. mike - 7-8-2007 at 07:31 AM

wow!! nice YT!!

shari - 7-8-2007 at 07:49 AM

Juan and his hermano are out right now trying to find the big boys brother...the YT should start showing any day now and Juan wants to be there when it does...I'll let ya know how they do....oh Steve, will you have your own boat or want to hire a panga? there is a really good guide in La Bocana (speaks english and has permit) if ya want his email. Don't forget your fishing license amigo!

msteve1014 - 7-8-2007 at 08:13 AM

Shari, we have a 12 foot tin boat that we have fished inside and outside of la bocana before, when it is calm. i have fished with juanchy and others in the area with fantastic results.i think we will be up your way at some point to test the water in our boat and a panga. we have all the permits in hand. (vagabudos). see you soon, and yes, keep us updated on the fishing. Mike

shari - 7-8-2007 at 08:17 AM

Juanchy rocks! good man...if you are up our way you should camp in San roque in front of our beach house so you can use the outhouse and shade of the ramada...it's closer to get to the YT grounds and awesome beach for camping...snorkeling, fishing from shore or rocks and good launch spot for your boat too. Stop in for a tecate!

msteve1014 - 7-8-2007 at 08:34 AM

I am there. I have seen directions to your place on here, somewhere. can we bring you anything from the north? I try to help Juanchy out when I can, but our emails, back and forth are mostly short and badly translated. Thanks again, Mike

shari - 7-8-2007 at 08:42 AM

thanks for asking...butter please, the real thing...and some pine nuts for my pesto...yipeee new amigos! see ya soon. Oh and if anything happens anywhere around here just drop Juan Arce Marron's name or call us if you need us...can't wait to meet you.