BajaNomad

Martihas - Vizcaino

DianaT - 7-19-2007 at 05:04 PM

Sure hope I spelled it correctly. Shari mentioned this place to us and we have since eaten there a number of times. The food is really very good---can't believe how fresh the veggies are---the salsa has a real bite, and the amount of food they serve is huge. You won't leave there hungry! It certainly is not cheap in price like a taco stand, but we think it is still a bargain.

It is a little difficult to find at the moment as they are building a large addition in front. But as you pass through Vizcaino, it is on the east side of the street across from the y in Tortugas road. You have to look carefully for the sign.

It is well worth stopping there.

John and Diane

shari - 7-19-2007 at 08:07 PM

It is called Martitas and is melon colored and awesome...best milanesa I've ever had...excellent prices, huge portions, large menu...and a bunch of seņoras cooking like mad in the huge kitchen you can see into...clean as a whistle too...great stuff and well worth looking for.

Hook - 7-20-2007 at 04:50 PM

Is this the place with a small RV park next door? Squeaky clean inside and I believe they have some artwork for sale on the walls?

bajajudy - 7-20-2007 at 05:01 PM

Hook
The place you are talking about has an indio name. Starts with a K,......nope that file is not available.

rts551 - 7-20-2007 at 05:39 PM

Martitas is a great place. Relatives of some friends of ours so we take them fresh fish etc from Abreojos on occasion.. Great people and a great establishment.

shari - 7-20-2007 at 08:47 PM

the Kadekaaman is an RV park, hotel and restaurant on the other side of the street from Martitas...the restaurant is very cool, gringo style, good but expensive food with very small portions as well but do have WiFi there and nice art and very nice rooms.

Hook - 7-20-2007 at 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
the Kadekaaman is an RV park, hotel and restaurant on the other side of the street from Martitas...the restaurant is very cool, gringo style, good but expensive food with very small portions as well but do have WiFi there and nice art and very nice rooms.

That was my impression exactly of the restaurant. Plus the very beautiful lady who waited on us seemed very cold and distrustful of us.

Well, we had been fishing for a week without shaving much..........