BajaNomad

Watch out for horses!

bajamigo - 7-21-2007 at 10:42 AM

My wife and I have made a number of trips recently on the new Boulevard 2000. Literally every time, we've seen one or two dead horses on the roadside, and one time in the median. Having hit a deer or two in my lifetime, I can guess that you wouldn't want to tangle with a horse. Cuidado!

DianaT - 7-21-2007 at 10:46 AM

We have only taken that road once so far, and sure enough, there was a dead horse in the median. Cannot be too careful.

Diane

CaboRon - 7-23-2007 at 02:18 PM

So, They towed the vehicle off and left the horse ? CaboRon

bajajudy - 7-23-2007 at 06:16 PM

Oso
Look Larry's carp is back.

bacquito - 7-24-2007 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
My wife and I have made a number of trips recently on the new Boulevard 2000. Literally every time, we've seen one or two dead horses on the roadside, and one time in the median. Having hit a deer or two in my lifetime, I can guess that you wouldn't want to tangle with a horse. Cuidado!

I slow down when I see cows. I slow WAY down when I see horses. My experience is that they're more likely to freak and do something stupid, especially the young'uns.

--Larry

Yes, and also horses are much taller than deer or cattle and when you hit a horse it is more likely to go through your windshield.

bajamigo - 7-24-2007 at 06:53 PM

Good advice. I assumed these were nocturnal accidents, but I guess horses can wander across the highway any time of day.

Horse and a moose...

BMG - 7-24-2007 at 07:19 PM

...about the same size. Check out this video to see what can happen.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11920063/

I once rented a 15 passenger van in Alaska from a rent-a-wreck type company. The van was almost brand new and looked great. When I walked around to the driver's side, it was totally caved in from front to back. It had had a run-in with a moose.

Don't want to offend any horse people, but my (admittedly few) experiences with horses leads me to believe that they are dumber than a bag of rocks.

bajabound2005 - 8-2-2007 at 07:39 AM

Yesterday we traveled via Blvd 2000; this time no dead horses, but there was dead cow on the center divide...

BMG - 8-2-2007 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
Yesterday we traveled via Blvd 2000; this time no dead horses, but there was dead cow on the center divide...

What time is the BBQ?

Sharksbaja - 8-2-2007 at 11:48 AM

I like that font BMG but your avatar creeps me out!:o:O:o

Cypress - 8-2-2007 at 12:14 PM

About horses, cattle, moose, and the rest of those critters that get on the hwy. Most of the bad things that happen occur after the sun goes down.:spingrin:

Why?

BMG - 8-2-2007 at 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
I like that font BMG but your avatar creeps me out!:o:O:o

I'm just keeping an eye on you!!!:saint:

Bob and Susan - 8-2-2007 at 12:58 PM

DENNIS - 8-2-2007 at 01:09 PM

That is freaky. There was an avater just like this on the wall of the vestibule in church where us alter-boys would change into our unis.

bajabound2005 - 8-8-2007 at 06:24 PM

Today's report -- the same dead horse that's been there for a few weeks, 1 dead dog (new), a couple of dead sofas and several hundred dead tires in various stages of decomp.

Adopt-A-Highway

bajaguy - 8-8-2007 at 06:30 PM

maybe the Nomads should "adopt" a section of Blvd 2000 for cleanup purposes??????.......Will B-DOT supply those cool orange plastic trash bags, or will we just use the plastic bags decorating the trees???

DENNIS - 8-8-2007 at 06:33 PM

BG ..........

How many Pacificos would it take to stuff an old dead horse into a plastic bag? I'm guessing...a lot.

bajabound2005 - 8-8-2007 at 06:41 PM

that's why they invented lighter fluid and matches...

BMG - 8-8-2007 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
that's why they invented lighter fluid and matches...

I remember that once they tried finding uses for dead horses. Found out quickly that they really don't make very good benches.

deadhorse.jpg - 28kB

toneart - 8-8-2007 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
About horses, cattle, moose, and the rest of those critters that get on the hwy. Most of the bad things that happen occur after the sun goes down.:spingrin:

Baja Moose only come out after midnight. The procession is led by Jose Cuervo. :lol::lol:

toneart - 8-8-2007 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
That is freaky. There was an avater just like this on the wall of the vestibule in church where us alter-boys would change into our unis.

:o:o:o:o:o:lol::lol::lol:

Moose

akbear - 8-9-2007 at 12:29 AM

And only exAlaskans can spot one a mile away ! :bounce: