BajaNomad

The rest of the story

Smoke - 7-23-2007 at 06:58 PM

Same trip the other pics are from but with fish story(true of course). My wife and I are fishing about 30 miles out from our hook which is at pyramids in East Cape. We hook a marlin double and while trying to clear lines with both of us on fish my shotgun lure tangles with a shortline before we could get them cleared. It then wraps around the motor. We manage to bring the fish in for a release and kill the motor to untangle the line. No damage did not get into the prop and I’m feelin pretty good. Right up to the point where I go to start the motor and realize my battery is dead. No problem, I have 2, oops its dead too. chit. OK, no problemo I have a 9.9 kicker. It will not start. S--T,S--T, S--T. In my frustration I forgot to put the kill switch clip on. Do that and she starts right up. Good deal were heading in and the kicker charges the battery enough to start the 225 after a bit. I’m feeling pretty good now so hell might as well troll back to the hook. After about 20 minutes I notice the battery is not charging and is in fact loosing voltage. OK somebody is trying to tell me its time to go in. I tell my wife , we better reel in and get back to the hook.(which by the way she has been trying to get me to do since this episode started). I slow the boat to a fast idle to make sure it keeps running and she goes to the port short line and starts reeling it in, wham a nice sized marlin nails the lure. chit or YEA I’m not sure. This marlin is eye hooked and going crazy, I take the reel being the macho A number one marlin lander that I am, to put this fish on board before the batterys go completely dead. - - -45 min later, soaking wet and out of beer I finally land the fish and we made it home with no other problems. I would like to thank Baja Magic (Sam) for hanging out there with us to make sure we got home all right.

[Edited on 7-24-2007 by Smoke]

big marlin1.jpg - 46kB

4baja - 7-23-2007 at 07:35 PM

i know the feeling. ps im sure exiter is friking hot right now, will be going by there soon to the sierras. no snow thou.

[Edited on 7-24-2007 by 4baja]

snow pics 002.jpg - 49kB