BajaNomad

fishing and surf report from Bahia Asucnion

shari - 7-26-2007 at 12:05 PM

Juan took out a nomad family yesterday and they were stoked...filled the boat with yellow tail, white sea bass, cabrilla and calico bass but lost a 50 pounder right at the boat so they're out there again today lookin for him!
Other Nomads who are enjoying the beach house in San Roque have been sore from reeling in all day...caught tons of fish, even dorado and barracude. Ron caught a 40 pound yellow tail from his kayak..what a MAN! They fish in the morning just off san roque island and up to san pablo then surf or fossil hunt in the afternoon...by the way the swell is getting REAL big..all the pangas have been pulled out of the water and the kids are happy to be surfing right downtown! It's going off here today and will get even bigger tomorrow...yahoo~

Iflyfish - 7-26-2007 at 12:50 PM

What fun!

Iflyfish

Bajaboy - 7-26-2007 at 01:13 PM

Here's another report from a few weeks ago from MexFish.com scroll down a bit: http://www.mexfish.com/mfn/mfn2007/mfn070723/mfn070723.htm

HPIM0509 (Small).JPG - 35kB

805gregg - 7-26-2007 at 08:58 PM

I can't wait. 8 more days. We are out of here.

shari - 7-27-2007 at 09:54 AM

Geez...finally planning to get the things done we put on hold to take Nomads fishing and another one landed on our doorstep late last night as we were getting an early bedtime in....NOT...ended up they were hungry so we made a big dinner (their porkchops and our abalone) and of course had to open the lovely blushing wine they brought and ended up telling stories into the wee hours....the swell seemed a little lower this morning so after a big mexicananadian (hold the bacon) breakfast, they set out on the rolling swells in search of huge white seabass and yellow tail...it's so fun when the fishing is totally HOT! Yesterday they got an even bigger sea bass...biggest one yet and tons of yellow tail and calico as usual.

Bajagypsy - 7-28-2007 at 06:29 AM

Shari,

Save some fish for us!!!! Todd and I should be there around September 9th, will the beach house be available for a few days?

Can't wait to see you guys, U2U me anything Canadian you need me to bring down.

Bob and Susan - 7-28-2007 at 06:38 AM

what EVER you do...
don't bring a jar of "Canadian Breakfast" with you:lol:

Bajagypsy - 7-28-2007 at 06:43 AM

Where we are from, a jar or can of Canadian Breakfast is a cold beer!!! Canadian beer rocks!!!!

Russ - 7-28-2007 at 07:53 AM

O'Keef's Extra

Bob H - 7-28-2007 at 10:11 AM

Shari, great post! What will it be like there in October? Can we run an extension cord to power our Cabover Camper when we come to visit? Looking forward to exploring that area of Baja (which we have never been to before).
Bob and Audrey H:bounce:

October is my favorite month!

shari - 7-28-2007 at 05:13 PM

YOu picked the right month to come, perfect weather and the water is nice and warm for ocean adventure and lobster season too! Of course you can camp here with all the amenities...shower, food, folklore, power, water but no bacon unless you bring it! Frigatebird and his amigo just left today after a relaxing few days of exlploring, fishing and dining on abalone and thier awesome pork chops, cherries and wine! I may be a tad hungover from Bajagypsy's visit though! Look forward to seeing you both.
Now back to the surf report...yesterday there was still enough swell for the kids to surf right at the boat launch in middle of the village. Today was much calmer and the west wind has come again much to my relief and the humidity has dropped...a nice 85 degrees today with a cool breeze in the afternoon.

townsurf1 (Small).jpg - 47kB

Al G - 7-28-2007 at 05:34 PM

Shari you are da woman...so many Nomads...do you get any breaks anymore or are you just having the time of your life:spingrin:

Bob - pick a weekend

capt. mike - 7-29-2007 at 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Shari, great post! What will it be like there in October? Can we run an extension cord to power our Cabover Camper when we come to visit? Looking forward to exploring that area of Baja (which we have never been to before).
Bob and Audrey H:bounce:

and we'll come meet you, split the beach rental.:bounce:
but me thinks a res is mandatory!

shari - 7-30-2007 at 10:06 AM

Captain, I've been thinkin about your res...why don't you build a place up at the airstrip...awesome view and you can guard your plane yourself! Diver wants to come down with you to get started on his place which will no doubt include a drumming area.... and said he will pay the accomodation, U2U him. Friggin yellow tail are everywhere these days!