BajaNomad

Refrigerate after opening "RAO"

Dave - 8-7-2007 at 09:32 PM

It's everywhere.

I read labels cause when I sail I do (mainly) without refrigeration. Today at Trader Joe's I noticed that some of the labels that I always considered safe...mustards, chili sauce, olives etc have "RAO". Granted, some are put up with no preservatives but...frickin brined olives???

Is this just corporate America covering their a** or should I be vigilant?

Roberto - 8-7-2007 at 09:34 PM

It's just corporate America covering their asses.

Sharksbaja - 8-7-2007 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
It's everywhere.

I read labels cause when I sail I do (mainly) without refrigeration. Today at Trader Joe's I noticed that some of the labels that I always considered safe...mustards, chili sauce, olives etc have "RAO". Granted, some are put up with no preservatives but...frickin brined olives???

Is this just corporate America covering their a** or should I be vigilant?

It is a conundrum of sorts. For example, spiced green beans in vinegar are stable products. Ahem, except when refrigerated something coagulates and makes a cheesey looking substance appear. Warm em up they're fine.
What to do, what to do??

Use yer knowledge of food and you'll be fine. Simply read what's in there.:lol:

btw, I don't know how they do it but mayo keeps for years open and refrigerated. Shows you how much we use.:P

DENNIS - 8-8-2007 at 07:55 AM

RAO is the same as LMAO but the Chinese don't take responsibility for anything so, they drop the "my". And, of course, they pronounce the L as an R.
It's all so very simple.

bajamigo - 8-8-2007 at 06:59 PM

If the mustard contains Prestone, it's OK not to refrigerate. Most made-in-China condiments contain this food group element.

woody with a view - 8-8-2007 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
RAO is the same as LMAO but the Chinese don't take responsibility for anything so, they drop the "my". And, of course, they pronounce the L as an R.
It's all so very simple.

FREAK!:lol::lol::lol:

You need to eat more junk food!

BMG - 8-8-2007 at 08:12 PM

:o:O:oSome of it lasts forever!!:o:O:o