BajaNomad

Loreto supermarket

Patches - 8-11-2007 at 09:02 AM

With all the changes coming to Loreto, is any new supermarket planned. I'm fine with the old one in town.

backninedan - 8-11-2007 at 09:22 AM

Hear rumor yesterday that a CCC was coming soon, but like I said.....rumor

edinnopolo - 8-11-2007 at 10:27 AM

Bartelillos, on the main road into town, has enlarged and is the best one in town at the moment. Seen Ley's delivery truck there :?:( any affiliation that anyone knows off :?::?:).Rumors about CCC and Ley store have been around for several years. Sure could use one. Would save the once a month drive to Constitution.:P:P

Don Alley - 8-11-2007 at 11:46 AM

I heard that the rumored Loreto CCC will be built on land they have bought near the cemetary. Which menans near the sewage plant.:biggrin: I have been told that there are few parcels available in Loreto proper large enough for a supermarket, so maybe they had few choices.

Cypress - 8-11-2007 at 12:15 PM

Bartelillos is well stocked with any and all of the basic grocery items plus lots of other stuff.:D Maybe this CCC outfit can offer it cheaper? Maybe they're gearing-up to cater to the influx of Loreto Bay people?:?:Imagine a big selling item will be drinking water and flashlight batteries.:D:D

Pescador - 8-11-2007 at 03:44 PM

And desalinated dryed salt for you seasoning pleasure:barf::rolleyes:

capn.sharky - 8-11-2007 at 10:03 PM

"Imagine a big selling item will be drinking water and flashlight batteries" Hey, I get it. Not enough water and electricity for all the development. I can't imagine building a huge Supermarcado right next to the poop plant and the cementary. I heard that it would be behind the school on Salviterria....but that was just a rumor.

flyfishinPam - 8-12-2007 at 06:46 AM

Right on the highway, southbound side and across the street from the radio towers is where the CCC will be. They are currently doing a lot of work there after it sat for several months. Also lots of CCC cars in town lately with bigwigs making the deals necessary to get the store built. i am looking forward to seeing this store in place. Loreto has been in need of a well stocked supermarket for years. The el Pescador is a tourist trap, prices are waaaay high and the product is inferior. Unfortunately citizens have to shop in dozens of stores to get what they need and inventory in each of these is unreliable. for produce the farmerīs market is the best place but as the weather gets hot the product quality goes waaay down. Most expats and wealthy mexican locals buy in La Paz or constituction on periodical provisions runs, but many people canīt afford to do this. Keep in mind that prices for products are inflated in most of the stores because they know the next decent shoping is two hours away.

Bob and Susan - 8-12-2007 at 07:32 AM

i was at the ccc in la paz thursday...

alot of people there...

i really like the covered parking...cool:cool:

if ccc builds a store in loreto then it will be another la paz in 20 years...prepare;)

vandenberg - 8-12-2007 at 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

if ccc builds a store in loreto then it will be another la paz in 20 years...prepare;)

Another La Paz is alright, as long as it isn't another Cabo.:lol::lol::lol:

jerry - 8-12-2007 at 12:24 PM

if ccc comes to Loreto theres going to be a lot of small businesses going out of busines a lot of locals getting hurt

backninedan - 8-12-2007 at 12:31 PM

Your right Jerry, some have been overpricing for years and won't me missed, others I will miss dearly.

edinnopolo - 8-12-2007 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
if ccc comes to Loreto theres going to be a lot of small businesses going out of busines a lot of locals getting hurt

That may not be the case Jerry. It seems that when Ley's opened in Constitution none of the other businesses were too much affected by them. Most mom amd pop stores have their own clientel, many of whom have a credit line and pay their bill once a week. Reminds me of my childhood in Holland ,where we as kids used to be send to the grocer for any item with no money. Was put in the book and Mom paid up each Saturday. God old days, long before supermarkets.

comitan - 8-12-2007 at 12:57 PM

Loretoans I wouldn't worry yet your not near big enough for a Leys, CCC.

jerry - 8-12-2007 at 01:16 PM

now people have credit cards so its gonna be like wallmart in the states good for me but not good for the little shops

Don Alley - 8-12-2007 at 04:54 PM

I think the little shops will survive a Leys or CCC. I will continue to use the little shop near me for its convenience. That's their strong suit, they are not good for stocking up with big grocery purchases. But El Pescador will be DOOMED! BAWHAHAHAHA! Serves 'em right.:lol:

Mexico is managing BCS as a colony for mainland folks. And they aren't all coming over to do construction. The biggest threat small stores operated by Loretanos face is competition from ambitious mainlanders, many with better business skillsets and a better work ethic.