BajaNomad

La Paz fishing

BajaBruno - 8-14-2007 at 08:52 AM

I fished yesterday in the slot between the two islands. It was very lumpy and few boats were out. Water temps were good, but fish were scarce. I hooked three small dorado and lost one marlin. All of the dorado I have seen for months have been small.

I heard a couple of battlewagons on the radio who had fished the south end of Cerralvo and the 88 Spot (further east). They landed one nice dorado and cut him open to find nothing in his stomach. They speculated there was no bait in the area. I know there is very little cover--also no sargasso weed to be found.

I talked to some guys stepping off fleet pangas at the dock and they had the same experience: a few dorado, all of them small to tiny.

Good luck.

Alan - 8-14-2007 at 04:10 PM

Sorry to hear that but thanks for the report. Even bad news is better than no news.

gnukid - 8-15-2007 at 12:16 AM

hmmm. Not much good fishing between those two islands. Anywhere else would be better.

BajaBruno - 8-15-2007 at 01:45 PM

Gnukid, correcto, but seas were very sloppy and I couldn't get to the east or south side of Cerralvo. I guess the other point was that I didn't hear much success in those other places, either.