BajaNomad

Time crossing border = 2+ hours?!?!?

BigLou - 8-14-2007 at 05:22 PM

Haven't been to TJ-R-E in 7-8 mths. Friend just got back and told me:
1. no lobster anywhere, incl. PN
2. Took him 2 hrs and 20 mins to cross border Friday afternoon

Can anybody tell me if these things are true? Thanks!

JZ - 8-14-2007 at 05:39 PM

I crossed the border walking across at OTAY on Saturday about 2PM and it took me 30 seconds (3 people in front of me). The car line didn't look to bad either. It is just so hit or miss.

DENNIS - 8-14-2007 at 06:09 PM

2 1/3 hours to get out on a Friday afternoon? Probably a good day. Friday afternoon and anytime Sunday are bad times to cross.

woody with a view - 8-14-2007 at 06:49 PM

seeing as hows lobster season has been over since, what, march? that means ALL of the frozen lobster have been sold for the past 5 MONTHS. seems pretty obvious that there are none left.... soon there will only be PN but it will be condos, because there will be no lobster on the west coast, at least none larger than a shrimp......

sorry your wait was 2.3 hours...... at least the beer was cold, no?:lol::lol::lol::lol::P

The Gull - 8-14-2007 at 07:03 PM

Yes, there are no lobsters left in Baja and the wait is now four hours in both directions.

Help spread the word. :smug::smug::smug:

si

woody with a view - 8-14-2007 at 07:10 PM

nada mas!

DSC_0058 (Small).JPG - 43kB

Sallysouth - 8-14-2007 at 07:20 PM

Monday at 11;50, got waved up the ramp, traffic was stopped at the top.It took us a total of 40 mins. to get thru the gate!Traffic was constanly moving, and was asked about whether we were bringing drugs or food back, none of which we were.I told him we had a bottle of tequila and one of Controy.Smooth border crossing indeed for us!Pasale!!! (we kept to the far left which opens into several lanes at one point)

bajamigo - 8-14-2007 at 09:14 PM

Since we got our SENTRI pass, we haven't spent more than 12 minutes in line. For about 25 bucks a year, it's the best bargain in this part of the planet. Should pay for itself in gas savings alone, not to mention the absence of aggravation and that giddy feeling as you sail into otro lado knowing 2 to 3 productive hours have been added to your life. The downside is that now it takes a lot longer to score one of these passes, since apparently many of the application processors have been diverted to the passport mess. Still, the online application is almost effortless.

Bajafun777 - 8-14-2007 at 09:50 PM

Yep, bajamigo my SENTRI pass has more than paid for itself and I have used it numerous times coming out of Mexicali and even when the regular lines are at their worst my time was no more than 15 minutes. God I love my SENTRI card especially when the temperature is 110. Otay the SENTRI lane is not easy to get to if you have never been to it but once you find it the passing of the border is easy. Later-----------bajafun777

oldhippie - 8-15-2007 at 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
seeing as hows lobster season has been over since, what, march? that means ALL of the frozen lobster have been sold for the past 5 MONTHS. seems pretty obvious that there are none left....

Sure there are fresh lobster, I watched guys in 2 pangas pulling up lobster traps on Sunday. It is rather lawless down here.

Sackmaster - 8-21-2007 at 02:41 PM

The Border Patrol has a zero tolerance for any crimes committed. Meaning that you won't get a SENTRI pass if you 've been convicted of a crime. It does not matter how small the crime. Also, some people have been denied a SENTRI pass due to an arrest....without a conviction. Like I said, zero tolerance. At least it was that way back about year ago.

[Edited on 8-21-2007 by Sackmaster]

bajaguy - 8-21-2007 at 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sackmaster
The Border Patrol has a zero tolerance for any crimes committed. Meaning that you won't get a SENTRI pass if you 've been convicted of a crime. It does not matter how small the crime. Also, some people have been denied a SENTRI pass due to an arrest....without a conviction. Like I said, zero tolerance. At least it was that way back about year ago.

Tends to keep the rif-raff seperated from those in the SENTRI lane.....:lol::lol::lol:

woody with a view - 8-21-2007 at 07:53 PM

Quote:

********:light::lol::saint::?:;D

[Edited on 8-22-2007 by Hose A]

Sallysouth - 8-21-2007 at 08:24 PM

Yeah , like 15 years ago when I was dumb? Now I am really smart, responsible and it doesn't count?I think I will try to see if it works (Sentry Pass) Maybe I have been forgotten (good girl):bounce:It happens ya know..( don't tell anyone,shhh!!!)

Sackmaster - 8-22-2007 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
Quote:

********!:light::lol::saint::?:;D

Maybe not all is woe when it comes to their zero tolerance policy. Supposedly, the Border Patrol was gonna loosen it up a little. But that was just a rumor (about a year old rumor) and I have no verification of their current zero tolerance policy as being any looser than it was. It might be, it might not is what I'm sayin'.

[Edited on 8-22-2007 by Hose A]