BajaNomad

Balandra Beach - help! all in Spanish

loretta - 8-15-2007 at 11:35 AM

Hi All,
Anyone got any info on Balandra Beach? I was just in that area and love that Beach! I saw lots of signs and bumper stickers with this link and just now remembered when seen one of the posters in my photos I took.

http://www.balandraesnuestra.org/

It's all in Spanish
I don't speak Spanish , so anyone got any info on what's going on there? :?:

Don Alley - 8-15-2007 at 12:35 PM

They are collecting signatures (over 16,000 so far) and comments to protect Ballandra.

Hotels, condos, private palatial homes. I don't know about specific plans for Ballandra but everything else seems on the block and no doubt someone will want to develop it.

loretta - 8-15-2007 at 02:48 PM

:no: I enjoy the natural baja setting and that is the reason I choose La Paz and its surrounding area ................ I hate all the building that happened in Cabo the past decade. I did not have a photo that showed the cranes real well on El Mogote in La Paz but it too is being developed.......... :no:

I found a picture on the internet
imagine this view obstructed by buildings............... how sad!

El Mogote as construction site, yieks

soon there will be no secluded beaches to enjoy around that area of Baja

I hope that group is successful and can protect Balandra.

thanks for the reply Don Alley

[Edited on 8-15-2007 by loretta]

Balandra development estimated at $450 million

Cervisin - 8-15-2007 at 04:52 PM

Hello Loretta,

Balandra is a resort development estimated at $450 million with over 2,000 acres, some of which have been permitted. The family of former Mexico President Alleman is heading up this project.
So it's just a question of time, no matter how much signatures collected. Money talks.......

Some info here:

Balandra resort development

You from Seattle? (assume so by your link)

Baja&Back - 8-15-2007 at 04:53 PM

If you've ever visited Balandra Bay, you know it's one of the most beautiful in Mexico. Lend your support by telling Gov. Agundez you want the bay kept undeveloped for the people.

Go to the link in the above post (http://www.balandraesnuestra.org/). Select the turquoise button "Firma la Peticion". Give your name, email & comentarois, & push the "Enviar" button.

Every bit helps!!:tumble:

[Edited on 8-15-2007 by Baja&Back]

bacquito - 8-15-2007 at 06:00 PM

From what I have seen in my travels in Baja there is too much development in the area considering the water situation. We frequently have little or no water pressure in the Ensenada area.

loretta - 8-15-2007 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cervisin
Hello Loretta,

Balandra is a resort development estimated at $450 million with over 2,000 acres, some of which have been permitted. The family of former Mexico President Alleman is heading up this project.
So it's just a question of time, no matter how much signatures collected. Money talks.......

Some info here:

Balandra resort development

You from Seattle? (assume so by your link)

yes , Seattle is where I escape from to Sunny Baja :D

CaboRon - 8-16-2007 at 06:19 AM

Loretta,
Thank's for the link. Had no idea there were so many encroaching projects in the La Paz area.

Don't really see many of these reaching completion.

And the earlier shot of the two cranes was a little remenscent of Las Vegas.

- CaboRon

La Paz developments

Cervisin - 8-16-2007 at 10:55 AM

Hola Loretta and CaboRon,

the report/ link is a little outdated - that is not all in the "pipelines" of the desarollo "mafia" :wow: Another development around the "corner" of Tecolote Beach by the same british guy that does Playalapaz development in La Paz as well he is involved in an "airport" project in Todos Santos and a smaller development in center of Todos Santos ( down the street from Hotel California, corner lot - end of street, about 20 houses). "Investor" ($) on that is from US.
They keep that kinda low-key but I know working on it since Nov. '06