BajaNomad

A quotation I found for my Baja friends--both of them

Baja Bernie - 8-22-2007 at 05:43 PM

Not to watch your workmen is to lose your money.
Proverb, Spanish

longlegsinlapaz - 8-22-2007 at 05:53 PM

Dang Bernie, it's too HOT to be up there the entire day!!! I "glisten" too much in full sun this time of year.:lol: I promise to spend all my time up there once the pool is in!;D

BajaBruno - 8-22-2007 at 06:01 PM

You're funny girl, Legs. :cool:

DENNIS - 8-22-2007 at 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Not to watch your workmen is to lose your money.
Proverb, Spanish

Not to watch your money will make your workman your closest friend.

To Glisten is good--but to nod off once in a while will allow the dough to rise!

Baja Bernie - 8-22-2007 at 06:03 PM

Think about that for a while, woops, I almost said "my long legged lady (it did fit) but no--that would just not do.

Forget it and go with the bold stuff.

That too,dennis, is true!

Baja Bernie - 8-22-2007 at 06:05 PM

longlegsinlapaz - 8-22-2007 at 06:08 PM

Thank BajaBruno....it happens occasionally!

Bernie, if it's too hot to stay up there watching the workers all day, it's certainly too hot to bake bread!!:lol:

Okay! Perhaps you missed my thoughts on the last round...BUT

Baja Bernie - 8-22-2007 at 06:17 PM

where is the down there to the up there?

Sometimes, occasionally, my mind thinks obliquely.

DENNIS - 8-22-2007 at 06:18 PM

"If it's too hot to bake bread, it's to hot to eat it." Gus Weber, 1864.

longlegsinlapaz - 8-22-2007 at 06:24 PM

Sorry Bernie...."up there" would be up thar in them thar hills overlooking the bay with no trees for shade....and at that elevation, sooooo much closer to the sun! Cranking up my ESP signal strength to you...you might wanna do likewise!;)

Diver - 8-22-2007 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
... occasionally, my mind thinks obliquely.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Legs

Baja Bernie - 8-22-2007 at 07:16 PM

I have done that more often than most would think and have only gotten static in return.

longlegsinlapaz - 8-22-2007 at 10:06 PM

STATIC???? Then you weren't obviously weren't tuned into MY wavelength!:biggrin::lol::lol: By the way, I realized you were only addressing TWO Baja friends....please accept my heartfelt apology for having spoken without having been addressed!:lol:

legs

Baja Bernie - 8-23-2007 at 09:08 AM

I was having fun with this post and particularly with the thing about only two friends......thought you were also.

But, alas....obliquely I shall leave the field of fun and head out of the sun...Tis shade I seek...just anywhere away from the heat. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

longlegsinlapaz - 8-23-2007 at 10:06 AM

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie....we need to work on understanding each others sense of humor! I'm not offended & you shouldn't be...I was jerkin yer chain over me probably being outside your TWO friend restriction! :spingrin: Don't stay out in that sun too long or you'll glisten like a roast pig!:lol:

Eli - 8-23-2007 at 11:20 AM

Well Bernie, I expect you have way more than two baja friends, and I sure hope I am still included in that consideration.

I did think your quote to be kind of ironic as I do depend on my workmen in order to receive my pension check from the company. And part of the contract that I have with my partners is; I retired early, receiving a fixed monthly amount of $ that I am very happy with. This arrangement is to be for as long as our company exisits, with the understanding that I leave everyone alone to do their work. No questions asked, no great ideas to be shared, no comments on the performance of any worker, and for that I get paid. Who would have thought?

Saludos, Sara

Cypress - 8-23-2007 at 11:52 AM

A good crew doesn't need watching to do their job, but it's a joy to watch.:biggrin: A bad crew? :?: You'll know 'em when you see 'em and won't be able to watch, especially if you're paying 'em.:lol:

Sara

Baja Bernie - 8-23-2007 at 03:16 PM

Thanks and absolutely and almost forever....and It was the Yellow Rose of Texas.

And I know you will never admit that not having a say it so very hard to take...

And...are you still shakin' the spear and talkin' most funny.

Legs,

This is far too much fun the way it is to try and understand would just ruin that fun. Also roast pig is my favorite meal.

Cypress......A philosoper of the Dirt Road you have become

Hey! Not my quote.....Some Spaniard's and we all know how much they cared for Mexicans...or anyone else for that matter.

I think I squezzzed the oink right out of this thread.

bajalera - 8-23-2007 at 04:01 PM

Congratulations, Sara, for having the smarts to arrange such a wonderful working relationship. l

bajalera - 8-23-2007 at 04:01 PM

Congratulations, Sara, for having the smarts to arrange such a wonderful working relationship. l

oldlady - 8-23-2007 at 05:24 PM

Legs,
Think our pool will be done within a week or so...shuttle back and forth all you want.

Eli - 8-24-2007 at 05:54 PM

Thanks Bernie, your friendship is of great value to me.

Lee, I am happy with it, works for me.

O.k., oh que, Ni modo, I gotta admit, yep, sometimes I sneak in some art shots of the guys working.

You know, some of those masons were snot nosed helpers when Vos Otros started working togeather and now 17 years later, they are some of the finest artisan masters whose work I have ever had the privalge to know, it has been a wonderful adventure growing with them. Now, I am most secure in knowing all this from a far.