BajaNomad

Primo Pizza in Primo Tapia/Cantamar

Gypsy Jan - 8-24-2007 at 07:07 PM

OK, this is not "Mexican Food" in the usual sense, but this little family-run hole-in-the-wall has been serving good pizzas and roasted chickens to the local community for a long time. During lent, I think they roast chickens all day long, but otherwise, they normally make up a certain amount that is ready around 1:00 pm and when they are gone, they are gone.

Not a destination place, and it only offers seats for about twelve eat-in patrons.

But, if you are looking for something basic and very fresh to take with you on the road south that will taste great cold or reheated for the next several days, this is a good place to stop in after you gas up at the Pemex in Cantamar.

BornFisher - 8-24-2007 at 07:24 PM

Been there a few times and asked for a half order of chicken "para llevar". Three things were great-- 1-the food, 2- the price (50 pesos) and the best-- both times it took no more than 90 seconds to get my order!!!
Haven`t tried the pizza yet but maybe next week!! Cool place and while we`re mentioning the Pemex station, I love the fruit stand with the chile, salt and limes on the fruit!!

Gypsy Jan - 8-24-2007 at 07:38 PM

"Quince minutos" (15 minutes) for a freshly ordered pizza. If you want to do some drug store shopping, Farmacia Cantamar is two doors to the right.