BajaNomad

Baja in October

Bob H - 8-26-2007 at 08:30 AM

Who will be in Baja in October and where? We will be coming down around the 4th or 5th of October for a couple/three weeks..... spending time along the way to Mulege and maybe further South.
Bob H

DianaT - 8-26-2007 at 08:34 AM

Will know for sure closer to that time, but we hope to be at our place in Bahia Asuncion.

Diane and John

bajajudy - 8-26-2007 at 08:35 AM

We are always here....well, almost.
If you get this far south, please stop by!

shari - 8-26-2007 at 09:52 AM

October is my favorite month in Bahia Asuncion...so check it out...love to have a visit.

Bob H - 8-26-2007 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
October is my favorite month in Bahia Asuncion...so check it out...love to have a visit.

One of our goals will be to explore your beautiful area there in Bahia Asuncion! We have traveled Baja a lot but have never taken the turnoff to Bahia Asuncion and look forward to this part of our trip in October.
Bob H

BajaRob - 8-27-2007 at 03:58 AM

We will return to Bahia Santa Maria about the third week of October. Can't wait to catch up with our neighbors and be back on the beach.

capt. mike - 8-27-2007 at 06:09 AM

Bob - yeah, lets meat in oct.
lets see....pollo, cabrita, camarones, pulpo, bistek, costillos, carne asada,
..........:spingrin:

and a side trip to Sheri's place.

Bajagypsy - 8-27-2007 at 06:17 AM

I would love to still be in Baja for october, but allas, it will be september. Next year we are hoping to have the whole family down for October! (Children, Parents and inlaws included)!!

capn.sharky - 8-27-2007 at 08:56 AM

I will be in Loreto on October 8th until the 22 of November. October in Baja is my favorite month. Normally (and this year is not normal at all) the days are warm and the nights cool off. The Sea of Cortez is nice and warm. I am always in Loreto in October. Anyone is welcome to stop by. I live in Col. Zaragosa at the top of the soccer fields in a two story house with arches over the second story.

DianaT - 8-27-2007 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:

One of our goals will be to explore your beautiful area there in Bahia Asuncion! We have traveled Baja a lot but have never taken the turnoff to Bahia Asuncion and look forward to this part of our trip in October.
Bob H

This was the first year we ever turned west at Vizcaino and sure glad we did.

Hope we are there when you are.

Diane and John

Baja_Girl - 8-27-2007 at 12:51 PM

Hi,
will be in Loreto Oct. 11 - 16th.
Would love to meet up - say when and where...
October in Loreto is so wonderful...heaven on earth.
Hope to see you.
lisa

backninedan - 8-27-2007 at 03:16 PM

Sharky, gotta get together for a beer this time. I live just two blocks from you on the south side of the soccer field.

Marie-Rose - 8-27-2007 at 05:01 PM

We will also be driving thru Loreto sometime between the 15-18. It would be great to
meet some of you!!! :bounce:

sylens - 8-27-2007 at 05:15 PM

i know lots of folks don't consider ensenada (or tj) to be part of baja california :tumble:

but if any nomad wants to pull over and spend a night here before proceeding south to "the real baja" you are welcome. we have plenty of room and are within a block of the calimax on the transpeninsular. great spot for an early getaway.:bounce:

just u2u me for directions.:)

Bob H - 8-28-2007 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Bob - yeah, lets meat in oct.
lets see....pollo, cabrita, camarones, pulpo, bistek, costillos, carne asada,
..........:spingrin:

and a side trip to Sheri's place.

Bob H - 8-28-2007 at 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:

Bob H

This was the first year we ever turned west at Vizcaino and sure glad we did.

Hope we are there when you are.

Diane and John

Send me your email address - and we'll give you the dates as time get's closer. We think we are leaving on October 4th or 5th and will be out there at least two weeks, maybe three.
bajarover@yahoo.com
Bob H

[Edited on 8-28-2007 by Bob H]

flyfishinPam - 8-28-2007 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by backninedan
Sharky, gotta get together for a beer this time. I live just two blocks from you on the south side of the soccer field.

Lets all meet at Sharky´s place! got A/C ?

Don Alley - 8-28-2007 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Quote:

Sounds good to me too!

flyfishinPam - 8-28-2007 at 11:02 AM

I would suggest my place but no A/C and its a bit rustic :lol:

capt. mike - 8-28-2007 at 12:01 PM

just email me Bob - it works.

working on a scenario now that may allow a majority of oct to be our base away from SDL.

capn.sharky - 8-29-2007 at 10:12 AM

Hey Backninedan---I have looked for your place (probably on the wrong street). Yes, I have air conditioning---but I don't drink (as you know Pam). You are all welcome to come and visit but will have to bring your own beer---or drink my diet cokes and pepsi's. I also don't have raw sewage in front or anywhere near my house. I do have live soccer games going on all the time.....evenings and all weekend. I happen to love soccer, so it is fine with me. So, come on by. Pam, I stopped to see you several times but you were not in your office or the street was closed for repairs. I imagine that really cuts into your business (and others too). I really miss your old store as it was located where I always pass by. I generally cut the corner and drive by Conchitas place when going home---or take the dirt road across the arroyo to the colonia. I got my heart valve checked again, its loose but the doctors don't want to change it out right now. Won't let me lift more than 20 pounds. That won't keep me from fishing. Can't wait till October to return. Already have tickets for de plane, boss.

Bob and jane - 8-29-2007 at 07:26 PM

Hey Sharky,
Bob and (marilyn) here. We'll be back the end of September or early October. We'll plan on joining the crowd. I know Don only drinks Coke, but Paula and I might need to bring a bottle of white wine.............. Maybe I'll even return the book you loaned us, though I haven't read it yet. Glad your hanging in there. Looking forward to a reunion.
Marilyn

Bob H - 8-29-2007 at 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam
Quote:

Where is Sharky's place? Let's try to firm up a date and time when October get's closer.... Bob H

Paula - 8-29-2007 at 07:53 PM

Bob and (marilyn), can't wait to see you guys this fall!

(paula)

BAJACAT - 8-29-2007 at 09:15 PM

Hey Bob don't forget to go see BOB & SUSANWhile you pass Mulege....

Sallysouth - 8-29-2007 at 09:21 PM

I will be going down south but flying.Only Peeps I may be able to visit/see would be Judy or Eli in that timeframe(2 weeks or so) October is an awesome month in Baja and I am so looking forward to it.Who else will be that far south during that time?I sure would love to meet some Nomads if possible.!:bounce:

Paula - 8-29-2007 at 09:35 PM

Sally, it's not sooo far... I think you and Judy and Eli should all come up, and we'll have a big nomad party at Sharky's. I'm sure he won't mind if we do some cookin'.... after all he started this thread:biggrin:

Bob and jane - 8-30-2007 at 06:55 AM

we'll bring the ceviche
(marilyn)
(paula), looking forward to getting back to our REAL life!

Bob H - 9-7-2007 at 08:47 AM

It's getting close. We are now thinking of leaving San Diego on Saturday, Sept 29th and slowly make our way down. We want to get to Catavina the first day and then take our time from there. If the weather really looks good we would head out to Bahia LA for the next two days. That would probably put us coming in to Ascuncion on Tuesday, 10-2. Can't wait. All of this is flex-time within a day or two, :lol:
Then continue on our way to the Mulege area where we will be spending lots of time in that vicinity.
Bob and Audrey H

[Edited on 9-7-2007 by Bob H]

shari - 9-7-2007 at 07:46 PM

We'll try to save some yellow tail for you...no A/C and don't need it thank goodness...water will be nice temp and look forward to perfect weather...see ya the first week in Oct. then...can't wait!

wakemall - 9-7-2007 at 09:13 PM

Hey all,

Capn.Sharky's neighbor here. My brother and I will be there 11/18 to 11/25. Russ (capn.sharky) will also be there during this time. We both have AC. Actually 1.5 ton units for the downstairs only..... I can hang meat if requested.
Look forward to meeting everyone.

It is not that hard to find.... West end of the soccer field in the Colonia. There is only one two story place there.