BajaNomad

estoy nuevo

tortuga - 8-26-2007 at 12:46 PM

Hello Nomads,
Just got registered, so I am trying out posting. I have enjoyed info and stories on this sit. We have recently bought property in Los Barriles (2 years now) and have very much enjoyed our time so far visiting there .Anyways, to all here.
VAYA CON DIOS!

[Edited on 9-7-2007 by tortuga]

DENNIS - 8-26-2007 at 12:51 PM

Vaya con Díos to you as well, tortuga and welcome to the site. Jump right in when you feel the water is to your liking.

bajajudy - 8-26-2007 at 12:55 PM

Bienvenidos
Somos casi vecinos.
Welcome!
I am in San Jose and would guess that you come down here every now and then.
Stop in sometime and say HI

David K - 8-26-2007 at 12:57 PM

Welcome aboard tortuga!:spingrin:

Please share what it was that brought you to Baja and what have been some of the adventures you have experienced, so far!

Cypress - 8-26-2007 at 12:59 PM

tortuga, Good to have you. :D

DENNIS - 8-26-2007 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

Well, that was fast.

Cypress - 8-26-2007 at 01:10 PM

Dennis. :tumble:

Fred - 8-26-2007 at 01:14 PM

DENNIS.............How is the lier's club. I heard from Butch you were the new president. Would you tell Butch I will bring him back the walker in January 2008. Thanks.......Welcome aboard tortuga

GRACIAS MIS AMIGOS

tortuga - 8-26-2007 at 01:19 PM

Thanks folks,
Thanks Dennis for politely correcting my misspelling of vaya:(
How embarrasing !
Vaya con Dios

woody with a view - 8-26-2007 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred
DENNIS.............How is the lier's club. I heard from Butch you were the new president. Would you tell Butch I will bring him back the walker in January 2008. Thanks.......Welcome aboard tortuga

here's to hoping Butch isn't going anywhere before jan 2008!:lol:

DianaT - 8-26-2007 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

Well, that was fast.

Dennis,
You are soooooooo bad. :yes::yes:

Tortuga, welcome ---- post pictures of your place, love pictures.

Diane

picture of our place

tortuga - 8-26-2007 at 02:56 PM

picture of our place

mexico may 2007441.JPG - 41kB

bacquito - 8-26-2007 at 03:02 PM

Welcome aboard!!

capt. mike - 8-26-2007 at 03:37 PM

you gotta be kidding...............

Osprey - 8-26-2007 at 05:15 PM

Looks good to me compadre! Mike's just teasing you cause he has a big fancy place in Mulege right on the grounds of the luxurious resort La Serenidad. He gets to kid a lot of us cause he owns an airline, is heavily involved in Mexican realty development. Pay no attention to him, he's just kidding around. He's a good guy and once in a while he pokes fun of us sorry settlers.

DENNIS - 8-26-2007 at 05:36 PM

Jeezo.....I've never seen an awning held up by a cactus. Good parking, tortuga.

You got it Fred. Walker back after you don't need it.

Actually, Capt.Mike is the modern day Howard Hughes. We all like him but, it's only a matter of time before they find him in his plane, strangeled by his own fingernails.

QUE MAS NESESITO

tortuga - 8-26-2007 at 05:46 PM

STARS OVER HEAD , THE SMELL OF SALT AIR ,THE SOUND OF THE GOAT HEARD GRAZING NEARBY . QUE MAS NECESITO ?
OH YEA ! MAYBE A LIME AND COLD BEER

toneart - 8-26-2007 at 05:48 PM

Bienvenidos, Tortuga!

I will visit Las Barriles in February. I stay at the East Cape RV park while there. Say hello to Theresa, the owner, for me.
Also, come by to say hello in February.

DENNIS - 8-26-2007 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tortuga
STARS OVER HEAD , THE SMELL OF SALT AIR ,THE SOUND OF THE GOAT HEARD GRAZING NEARBY . QUE MAS NECESITO ?
OH YEA ! MAYBE A LIME AND COLD BEER

Por seguro, nesecite nada mas. Tienes todo.

tortuga - 8-26-2007 at 06:05 PM

Hello,
My wife just pointed out that using all caps conveys an angry tone . Not the case however. No offence taken Maybe some day Capt. Mike can have us all over for maragitas . Vaya con Dios Amigos! :lol:

See you in February

tortuga - 8-26-2007 at 07:01 PM

Bienvenidos toneart,
We will look you up in February. We happen to live in the same area in Idaho as Saun and Teresa, good folks , awesome trailer park . We stayed there when we were setting up our lot north of town . Adios

DENNIS - 8-26-2007 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Maybe some day Capt. Mike can have us all over for maragitas .

Oh, for sure. We're there all the time. Great Margaritas. Unfortunatly, they boil in the glass after thirty seconds.

Bajalero - 8-26-2007 at 07:13 PM

Tortuga ,

PERFECT!

Everyone should take notice. Low impact on Baja and you're there to enjoy it , not change it!

The dirt pimps in Loreto should pay especial attention.

lero

oldhippie - 8-27-2007 at 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajalero
Tortuga ,

PERFECT!

Everyone should take notice. Low impact on Baja and you're there to enjoy it , not change it!

The dirt pimps in Loreto should pay especial attention.

lero

"Dirt pimps in Loreto" now that's PERFECT! Wish I would have thought of that. But, then again, it is a bit offensive to the real pimps of the world.

Turtle, your trailer under a palapa roof with room for a covered patio is a classic way to go.

[Edited on 8-27-2007 by oldhippie]

CaboRon - 8-27-2007 at 05:42 AM

Quote:
Hello,
My wife just pointed out that using all caps conveys an angry tone . Not the case however. No offence taken Maybe some day Capt. Mike can have us all over for maragitas . Vaya con Dios Amigos! :lol:

Not angry as much as YELLING !! It is not considered polite . Welcome abord... I like your rancho !

_CaboRon

capt. mike - 8-27-2007 at 06:06 AM

you guys crack me up.

sorry - i didn't think there were places in los barriles where you could just plop onto an open lot like that.
i like it. i am and have always admitted to be trailer trashy in my bajamian countenance.:bounce:

Eli - 8-27-2007 at 04:09 PM

Tortuga, good to see you posting. If you are North of town, than we may be neighbors. I think your place looks real cute, simple works fine by me.

Anyway, maybe we will meet in person someday, (or maybe we already have? I own Galeria Los Angeles at La Casa de Vos).

Oh by the way, I am an expert at screwing up my a's o's i's y e's, I am a notorius bad speller in both language, as such, I feel more than comfortable with your errors, keep them up! Saludos, Sara

tortuga - 8-27-2007 at 05:01 PM

Hola amigos ,
Please let me explain "maragitas" Those are the drinks I start ordering after I've had to many Margaritas!

Ken Bondy - 8-27-2007 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Hola amigos ,
Please let me explain "maragitas" Those are the drinks I start ordering after I've had to many Margaritas!

I think "maragitas" are a kind of caterpillar. After a few of those you desperately need a few margaritas.

su nombre es Espinita

tortuga - 8-27-2007 at 05:16 PM

Here is a photo of a local we met in Los Barriles:lol:

mexico may 2007366.JPG - 39kB

David K - 8-27-2007 at 05:20 PM

Tortuga... you are going to 'fit in' real well here on Nomad!:lol: