BajaNomad

San Yesidro Pedistrian Bridge Closing

CaboRon - 8-27-2007 at 06:21 AM

US officials announced today they are contemplating closing the pedestrien bridge at san yesidro... Citing concerns that terrorist can actually view the inspection areas from the bridge.

The new route would add an extra one mile to the pedestrian walk with a crossing over I 5 on an oldeer narrorer bridge.

Not a good thing

DENNIS - 8-27-2007 at 07:45 AM

They've talked of this for a while. What a bad move. The alternate crossing is the bridge which crosses the freeway and, unlike the old crossing, it's wide open. The late night revelers are the ones who seem to cause all the problems but at least they were contained in a cage-like structure which covered the foot bridge. Now, the riff-raff can throw each other off into the freeway traffic. Seems US Customs is giving a problem to the San Diego police because they don't want to deal with it anymore.

CaboRon - 8-27-2007 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Seems US Customs is giving a problem to the San Diego police because they don't want to deal with it anymore.

Yea ,

sound's like a real drag.

And you know they won't move the trolly station !

- CaboRon

DENNIS - 8-27-2007 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon

And you know they won't move the trolly station !

- CaboRon

It's a short distance. Maybe a hundred yards up the street. The old crossing was for southbound foot traffic only, leading to the turnstiles. I don't know. Maybe it makes sense to somebody.

Consider owning a car?

The Gull - 8-27-2007 at 02:41 PM

flyfishinPam - 8-28-2007 at 10:21 AM

Maybe then can dig a tunnel. I hear there´s some experienced tunnel makers on the South side of the border.