BajaNomad

Watchale! Chupacabras!

Halboo - 9-1-2007 at 09:19 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070831/ap_on_re_us/mythical_chu...

Osprey - 9-1-2007 at 09:25 AM

Halboo, that's not it. Probably a hoax. Everybody know the chupacapra are about 3 feet tall, long white hair, big eyes and they're invisible.

DianaT - 9-1-2007 at 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Halboo, that's not it. Probably a hoax. Everybody know the chupacapra are about 3 feet tall, long white hair, big eyes and they're invisible.

Maybe they just get bigger the further south one travels---In eastern Honduras they were known as Come Lengua and were much bigger as they ripped out the tongues of cattle.
:yes:

That is one strange looking animal.

Diane

CaboRon - 9-1-2007 at 10:19 AM

There are many Mexican stories about the legendary Chupacapra ! What if they are true ? :spingrin:

And that brings me to the question ? Do any Nomads have chickens ? :?:

Are any missing :?:

- CaboRon :wow:

[Edited on 9-1-2007 by CaboRon]

shari - 9-1-2007 at 01:41 PM

I used to think the chupacabra was like the boogeyman....but Juan set me straight (again). He was the translator for an investigative team from the states that came to document a chupacabra incident here about 8 years ago. There were 7 goats picked up out of their 8' pen and thrown as far as 100' away...all but one was dead and they had 2 puncture wounds on their necks and the blood sucked out of em. Weird thing is there were absolutely NO tracks of any kind around the corral and the animals had marks on their backs as if they were lifted out by something.....oooooh...ahhhhh. There was even a video made of the evidence. The next day there was another incident but way down in south america....that sucker flies FAST. We take people to the ranch and love to scare the kids with the chupacabra story. The ranch family moved out but have now moved back in again as no other incidents happened after that.

JESSE - 9-1-2007 at 02:05 PM

That looks like a Dog to me.

edinnopolo - 9-1-2007 at 02:05 PM

Yeah Shari,
I do recall that story. Can't remember where I read about it though.

bajajudy - 9-1-2007 at 02:18 PM

Looks like a pitbull, Mexican hairless dog mix.

Pops - 9-1-2007 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
That looks like a Dog to me.

Um........ maybe something new on the menu.

Tacos de Chupacabra (In season)

Bob and Susan - 9-1-2007 at 06:32 PM

jesse...how would you cook that???:lol:

capt_12b3acc66df343e79914497685ac0abe_mythical_chupacabra__txeg103.jpg - 11kB

bacquito - 9-1-2007 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Looks like a pitbull, Mexican hairless dog mix.

Yes,it does look like some kind of dog-are the "fangs" hollow?

BAJACAT - 9-2-2007 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
With alot caution.hahahaha

capn.sharky - 9-2-2007 at 11:23 AM

I think this might be one of Vicks pitbulls. He was saving this one for the big pitbull fight. Unfortunately, (not really) Mr. Vick will be tied up for some time in court and jail. I will agree that it was a really ugly animal. I had a blind date with a girl in high school that could have been related to this animal.:biggrin:

Cypress - 9-2-2007 at 12:34 PM

Chupacabras?:?: If you don't have any goats around the place, you'll be in a Chupacabra-free zone.:) Jeez! Glad those Chupacabras don't have a taste for pork, beef, chicken or seafood.:biggrin: Guess they're on a goat-blood diet.;)

amir - 9-2-2007 at 03:24 PM

This all reminds me of stories my grandparents and parents used to tell about their homeland: Transylvania...

Halboo - 9-2-2007 at 03:37 PM

El Chupacabras, or "Goatsucker" in Spanish. El Chupacabras was first spotted in Puerto Rico in 1994. Despite the name Goatsucker, El Chupacabras has been known to devour a variety of animals, including sheep, dogs, and even roosters. All Chupacabras's victims have been found dead the same way, with two puncture wounds in the neck and the entire body drained of blood. Frequently, there are some organs removed, although the only apparent wounds on the body are the puncture marks. Generally, there aren't any tracks around the dead animal. As of now, Chupacabras has no human victims.

Although Chupacabras was originally seen in Puerto Rico, there are now claims of sightings in Mexico and southwestern USA.

El Chupacabras is thought to be in conjunction with UFO's and cattle mutilations.

:o:o

[Edited on 9-2-2007 by Halboo to insert the caption that went with the second picture ]

[Edited on 9-2-2007 by Halboo]

elizabeth - 9-2-2007 at 05:13 PM

watchale??? Love it, that's a great one for the Spanglish dictionary!!!!;D

Halboo - 9-2-2007 at 05:46 PM

I was wondering if somebody was going to mention that!:lol:
It's one I've heard a lot from laborers en el norte over the years.
It seems to work as well as cuidado and the gabacho might get it too ;D

JESSE - 9-2-2007 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

Some Tijuana Taco stands that sell Tacos to drunk american teens getting back across the border would know.:lol:

Fausto - 9-5-2007 at 10:38 PM

If they actually mount the head, they will have a good example of a meingee mutt that had the TJ cure of a bath of used motor oil.
That is a riot!!
Fausto

woody with a view - 9-6-2007 at 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

now, now......how would you know any of this if they're invisible? that's like saying god is the embodiment of perfection.....anyone seen Him lately?:light:

Taco de Baja - 9-6-2007 at 08:32 AM

Ive seen one on the back of my tee-shirt. He looks a little like this:

or maybe this:

But not like this....:lol:

[Edited on 9-6-2007 by Taco de Baja]

Cypress - 9-6-2007 at 12:17 PM

Fausto :biggrin: