BajaNomad

another new development

sylens - 9-2-2007 at 02:12 PM

www.pacifica-ensenada.com:O

between ensenada and maneadero, just south of macroplaza del mar (home depot, applebees, etc.) and right on the dunes...:no:

water? ecosystem? :?:

oh yeah, i'm sure everything will turn out just hunky dory.:fire:

now i really commiserate with you in loreto.:(

DENNIS - 9-2-2007 at 02:23 PM

Some of the roadside farmlands, between Maneadero and Punta Banda are chalked out for residential lots. Another beginning of an end.

DENNIS - 9-2-2007 at 02:35 PM

Lili .........

That website has to be plumb full of crap. I don't believe it will happen in our lifetime. Who would want to live next to an Army base and a sewage treatment plant?

backninedan - 9-2-2007 at 03:21 PM

The same type of people who are willing to live on top of each other, not be allowed space to park a car, no services within miles, not enough water, not enough power....and all this can be yours for just a third of a million dollars.....

Wouldn't want to mention a particular development of course.

DianaT - 9-2-2007 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Lili .........

That website has to be plumb full of crap. I don't believe it will happen in our lifetime. Who would want to live next to an Army base and a sewage treatment plant?

People on that website certainly looked happy, and of course, there will be full disclosure. :lol::lol:

Diane

army base

sylens - 9-2-2007 at 04:52 PM

has already been slated for a move, i think. sewage treatment? i plead ignorance to that. where?
:?:
as for lack of services, yes and no. water is definitely a huge issue. power? not sure. but the development is close to all the big box stores (or chain gangs, as my sister calls them) like costco, walmart, home depot, etc. so there are lots of "services" close.:rolleyes:

it is starting, i am afraid, dennis. they have fenced the dunes and today put up eco-friendly signs about the "preserve." we saw them put up a huge fence all around the area about one month ago. it is on our regular daily walk, so i'll update. with sadness.:(

dennis, so sorry to hear about the residential developments between maneadero and bufadora. :(

diane, yup. i'm sure there will be FULL disclosure:lol:

the one bright spot is that if they build, i'm sure they will disallow all the motorized vehicles from tearing up the dunes. big price to pay for that, though:no:

Natalie Ann - 9-2-2007 at 05:06 PM

Lili - Is this the same project that you talked about that day we were on the beach... you said at the far end they were beginning to block off the dunes and such? Or am I in the right church but wrong pew?

Nena

DENNIS - 9-2-2007 at 05:09 PM

Sewage treatment plant behind El Naranjo, north of the army base. The plant which supplies treated water to the Maneadero fields.

Who slated the army base removal? That's new to me but, I don't keep up.

bancoduo - 9-2-2007 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Sewage treatment plant behind El Naranjo, north of the army base. The plant which supplies treated water to the Maneadero fields.

:?::?::?:Maneadero valley Is sitting on a large aquifer. So what is this **** all about? :?:

[Edited on 9-3-2007 by Hose A]

[Edited on 9-3-2007 by bancoduo]

DENNIS - 9-2-2007 at 05:37 PM

The aquifer is drying up. The pipa drivers are saying disaster in the near future. Before it drys up, the costs will go sky high. How much is it in Mulege now for a load of water? Bob mentioned 100 bucks per load. I think we could see that up here as well.

Nena

sylens - 9-2-2007 at 05:50 PM

yes. that's the one. they are now handing out flyers on reforma, which is how i got the website.

bajabound2005 - 9-2-2007 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sylens
dennis, so sorry to hear about the residential developments between maneadero and bufadora. :(

I wouldn't exactly call these "residential developments" -- these lots are like 10x20 meters? Just big enough to plop a single wide and have a smalle porch or a double wide and not be able to get into the house...it's actually comical. BUT, in the one "development" closest to Maneadero on the La Buf road - we saw a block house going up the other day! We laughed and scoffed when they first start selling these "lotes", but heck, it might actually happen! Oh, a lot that size is $15k USD.

Wasn't Land Reform a great idea?

DENNIS - 9-2-2007 at 06:42 PM

They are small plots. It kinda makes you want to buy two. Slick marketing for an unslick market.