BajaNomad

new peson here!!

Terry28 - 9-4-2007 at 11:41 AM

Hello nomads!! Wanted to introduce ourself's . Long time board reader and 40 yr mexico visitor.. We are fortunate to have a house just 8 milers S. of Rosartio and another, 20 miles S. of Mulege. Been reading this board for years but was never much opf a joiner....a couple of things have encouraged me to join...mainly the helpful responses from some of you when others needed help...Bob and Susan, Shari etc. Leaving the end of Sept. for Mulege. Me retired firefighter with wife and 13 yr old daughter. oldtime surfer, etc. Anyway this board is great....love the attitudes and issues.........glad to be here (I hope)
Terry:

TMW - 9-4-2007 at 11:46 AM

Welcome aboard. On your travels between homes, let us know of any unusual conditions such as the roads and other things of interest.

DENNIS - 9-4-2007 at 11:48 AM

Welcome to the site, Terry. Your timing may serve you in some regard with the current info on your house to the south during the storm. Stay in touch.

CaboRon - 9-4-2007 at 11:58 AM

Welcome Terry :bounce:

CAboRon

Bob and Susan - 9-4-2007 at 12:07 PM

remember terry if you're a 1000 feet away...

come on over:biggrin:

Terry28 - 9-4-2007 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

Terry28 - 9-4-2007 at 12:19 PM

still tryng to figure out how this works...
we will at Playa Buenaventura.....

Diver - 9-4-2007 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

When are you installing the holder for those little c-cktail umbrellas in the viewing room of the lighthouse, anyway ? :light:
And I hope there's a fluffy cushion going on that seat; I'm sensitive ! :lol:
And water in the pool would be better as my skateboard days are over. :rolleyes: :lol:
I'll come visit as soon as it's civilized !! :biggrin:

And welcome Terry !

Bob and Susan - 9-4-2007 at 12:28 PM

i think terry28 gets to swim FIRST!!!

got to get the pillows for the lighthouse seat...

you will have to hold your own drink while up there...
WHAT A VIEW!!!

Cypress - 9-4-2007 at 12:47 PM

Terry28 Welcome to the forum. :biggrin:

Sharksbaja - 9-4-2007 at 12:51 PM

Bienvenidos y gracias for getting onboard. You can feel safer with folks like Bob and Sue around. Really!

toneart - 9-4-2007 at 01:38 PM

Welcome Terry28!

I hope to see you in Mulege this winter if we get through this hurricane season intact.

Bienvenidos Terry28

tortuga - 9-4-2007 at 03:05 PM

This is a great forum that's why I joined in. Best place for info about Baja. Just check out baja news forum if you want eye witness accounts about Henrietta. Anyways welcome and enjoy!
Tortuga

[Edited on 9-4-2007 by tortuga]

DENNIS - 9-4-2007 at 03:11 PM

Or, if you don't want to jump around from forum to forum, just go to "Todays Posts" at the top of the page and keep up with everything as it happens.

Alan - 9-4-2007 at 06:43 PM

Great! Another member of the brotherhood. I'll be retiring in a couple of years so I can spend more time at my place in La Paz. Welcome aboard and you don't even have to start as a probie!

shari - 9-4-2007 at 06:57 PM

Hola Tery and??? so who is the signifigant other?? Welcome and I'm glad you have come out of the closet here....nice to hear from some new amigos...so enjoy and get hooked like all of us nomad junkies!

Terry 28

Baja Bernie - 9-4-2007 at 07:02 PM

Wish I could call myself a newby.................Welcome from an old time Baja Guy and an even older cop.

bajabound2005 - 9-4-2007 at 07:39 PM

Okay, I'll be the one to do it...welcome and what the heck is a peson???? Is that a Spanish word we've yet been introduced to? A new form of the peso perhaps?

Welcome Aboard

bajaguy - 9-4-2007 at 07:50 PM

Was wondering when you would get on the board. If you are ever down in the Ensenada area, stop by. We owe you for that beer and margarita a couple of years ago. We will be down again the 27 of Sept to the 5th of August. Lyn says "hello".

Terry

Terry28 - 9-5-2007 at 10:53 AM

Terry. Your right I am busted.....hope Buenaventura faired well in the storm, are you still fighting crime or have you retired yet?? try it, it is painless!! Hello to Lyn!!and Baja bound "peson" is what happens whenyou can't spell... Alan, there is life after fire fighting...Runnng springs huh, I am in Big Bear......thanks to all who welcomed us...and Shari,my wife is Carol (that's female!)..daughter monica...

Terry

edinnopolo - 9-5-2007 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28
...and Shari,my wife is Carol (that's female!).

Terry

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bacquito - 9-5-2007 at 02:51 PM

Welcome-I find alot of information at this site.

Smoke - 9-11-2007 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28
Hello nomads!! Wanted to introduce ourself's . Long time board reader and 40 yr mexico visitor.. We are fortunate to have a house just 8 milers S. of Rosartio and another, 20 miles S. of Mulege. Been reading this board for years but was never much opf a joiner....a couple of things have encouraged me to join...mainly the helpful responses from some of you when others needed help...Bob and Susan, Shari etc. Leaving the end of Sept. for Mulege. Me retired firefighter with wife and 13 yr old daughter. oldtime surfer, etc. Anyway this board is great....love the attitudes and issues.........glad to be here (I hope)
Terry:

Smoke - 9-11-2007 at 01:31 PM

Welcome Terry, I too am retired fire fighter. Retired BC from CDF, oops i mean Cal Fire. We are new this board as well. Weare building a house in Los Barriles that should be done in February. I do not post too much since I was misunderstood on a question a while back and chastized severly but still like to read the posts. We will be in LB in October.
Jim $ Sandy

bajalera - 9-11-2007 at 03:16 PM

Another lurker signs up! Welcome, Terry.

Barry A. - 9-11-2007 at 04:00 PM

Smoke------

I am out of the loop, I guess----------when did CDF become "Cal Fire"?? and why???

Barry

bancoduo - 9-11-2007 at 04:20 PM

Looks like they hired a Hollywood agent. All new logo ect. ect. They should go back to being CDF and putting out fires. CAL-FIRE seems to be having a problem with that this summer. Analyzing has seemed to replace firefighting.:mad

WASTING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ whats new.

[Edited on 9-11-2007 by bancoduo]

Barry A. - 9-11-2007 at 04:31 PM

Well, they certainly "took action" on the INYO COMPLEX fire back in July in Owens Valley-------they lit a backfire and IT totally consumed our entire Family Ranch next to the Mt. Whitney Fish Hatchery, which was "saved", of course.

All this time I thought that CAL FIRE was somebody else besides CDF------pretty funny-------now I know. :light:

Ricardo - 9-11-2007 at 07:00 PM

Hi Everyone, after reading this thread I thought this would be a good time to introduce myself as well. A Lurker from way back, Amigos board and now the Nomad board. I have contributed now and then giving out a little bit of info to help people but like Smoke I got hammered a couple times and thought why bother. I'm from Northern BC Canada and bought and then built/renovated in Lapaz. But I still have to work 3 more years before retirement so don't get down very often, Spring break March 2008 will be the next time. My first time in Lapaz / Cabo etc was 1972, loved it then and still do. I am looking forward to meeting all the wonderful people on this board sometime in the future. Rick

David K - 9-11-2007 at 07:18 PM

Welcome Terry!!! Thanks for joining us! :yes::biggrin::tumble::spingrin:

Welcome Rick!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce: How's it going, eh?:D:spingrin:;D

[Edited on 9-12-2007 by David K]

bajajudy - 9-11-2007 at 07:24 PM

Hey
Great news....we need your input. Please dont get scared away. You can figure out who you will read and enjoy that!
This is a great source of info on Baja
Sounds like you can contribute!
Bienvenidos a los dos, Terry y Ricardo

Terry Veinte ocho y tu Ricardo

tortuga - 9-11-2007 at 08:10 PM

Bienvenidos,
Welcome to the board!
Tortuga :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 9-12-2007 by tortuga]

fdt - 9-11-2007 at 08:11 PM

Welcome Terry28, and to anwer bajabound2005 a peson is a nipple. New Nipple.

Edited to fix 2005

[Edited on 9-12-2007 by fdt]

I need to pay attention !

tortuga - 9-11-2007 at 08:29 PM

Lo siento already responded back on 9/4 . Oh well welcome again! :?::?::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9-12-2007 by tortuga]

pappy - 9-11-2007 at 09:24 PM

Terry- bueno!! lucky you to have a couple of casas in god's land!

Bajafun777 - 9-11-2007 at 10:14 PM

Terry never let a point that is different from yours influence how you are going to get involved on this board. Life is such that anyone can agree to disagree and still get along. Good to have you out and about. Now Smoke I hope the same thing gets you to adding to the forums if you have something to say also. Richardo such is life to await that day of retirement and the the time to not worry about schedules or meetings. I have until next October and my adventures in Mexico will get more time with my running partner and love of my life, my wife Donna. Hope to meet you and other Nomads at Nomad weekends or the annual booksigning event. Later-----bajafun777

shari - 9-12-2007 at 09:57 AM

Hey ricardo...welcome...nice to have some more canucks on board! Glad another lurker is out of the closet! Don't sweat the attacks here...remember...water off a ducks back! How far north do you live eh? Hope to meet you one day here.

[Edited on 9-12-2007 by shari]

CDF etc

Smoke - 9-12-2007 at 10:48 AM

Yes CDF was renamed Cal Fire, why I have no idea. Probably had some thing to do with PR. And yes all the newly promoted individuals that are taking us old dinasours places were promoted to quickly and it will take some time to get the experience they need. And yes all wildland agencies are spending way too many $$$ to suppress these fires.
Now back to the fun part. Anytime any of you are in LB area we would love to have you come by. We are at the north end of LB where all the new houses are being built. We have a 2310 Parker walk around moored and love to fish. U2U me for more directions if you are going to be in the area.

boat.jpg - 47kB

House

Smoke - 9-12-2007 at 10:49 AM

Heres the house we hope to be in by Feb.

house2.jpg - 48kB

Gnome-ad - 9-12-2007 at 02:53 PM

Welcome to all. It's good to introduce yourselves like you did. I knew nothing and joined and jumped in before I even said "hola!" Seems to be my style.

No Nomads that I know of bite, so you're safe with us. Have fun & get good information and join good discussions of differing points of view, if you're into that.

Gnome-ad :biggrin:

Ricardo - 9-12-2007 at 06:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome everyone, Shari I live halfway between Prince George and Prince Rupert, Frost here last night but totally great out as it is sunny and very warm during the day. I'm a High school shop teacher, still like my job but am looking forward to retirement. I really want to visit your area as I like the remote type areas. I will meet you one day, for sure.
All the best
Rick

Sallysouth - 9-12-2007 at 10:04 PM

Welcome Smoke to the board! And to Baja.Did you per-chance buy that beauty of a Parker in Baja? Looks just like a boat mi familia owns in Juncalito.Awesome boat for that area, spent many hours on the same kind of vessel there.

parker

Smoke - 9-13-2007 at 10:36 AM

We bought the boat in seattle. I agree, we are way happy with the size and performance of that size parker for the east cape. Very dry and handles rough water great.