BajaNomad

Gringo Gazette Gaffe

DENNIS - 9-7-2007 at 08:25 AM

On the front page of the latest edition of the Gazette, a story about the infamous teachers strike is accompanied by a photo and caption. A reference to the president of Mexico has misspelled his name calling him, Felipe Calderone. I guess the editor believes him to be Italian.
What a proud moment for expatriot journalism. That page is destined to be wrapped around a big ol' Mackerel, at least.

I don't know how to cut 'n paste or I would have. Sorry.

oldlady - 9-7-2007 at 08:34 AM

Send them to me. Mackerel deserves a better shroud. I use them under the litter box, Tosca is very old now and sometimes her aim ain't what it used to be.

Paulina - 9-7-2007 at 11:48 AM

They also fit perfectly in the bottom of Gracie's birdcage, as well as make good fireplace or BBQ starters.

Dennis

tortuga - 9-7-2007 at 11:58 AM

right click, left click , right click , left click ........ or is it left click , right click ........... :?::?::?:

QuePasaBaja - 9-13-2007 at 03:13 PM

Im sure that you would lose track trying to catch the misspells as well as trying to find the middle and end of any article that caught your attention.

Cypress - 9-13-2007 at 03:23 PM

Dennis Would rather wrap my Mackerel in foil with various seasonings under low heat.:D Any contact with newspaper of any variety could very likely ruin a good meal.:D