BajaNomad

Yellowtail finally back in Asuncion area

shari - 9-7-2007 at 07:15 PM

Oh Yeah Baby....the big yellowtail are BACK! Just as I suspected after the big swell died down, the water warmed up a bit and Bajaboy and Juan set out on a nice calm day for San Pablo were they weren't disappointed. There were tons of birds and lots of bait around and they hooked into 6 nice yellow tail as well as big calicos, bonitas were everywhere and big baracudas too. Our family, friends and animals were ecstatic and we all ate like pigs! I'll let Bajaboy tell the rest of the story. Our weather is back to normal again with nice cool westerly breezes in the afternoons. Nomad Roberto finally made it over after the arroyos went down and he and Juan will try their luck on Sunday so we can BBQ a yellowtail on our traditional Sunday gatherings here at the palapa on the point. The bite is ON!

[Edited on 9-9-2007 by shari]

jurelcats.jpg - 49kB

jorgie - 9-8-2007 at 05:57 AM

please do not catch all of the yellowtail.....

yellowtail

tehag - 9-8-2007 at 02:50 PM

Yellowtail, the fish, is a single word. When divided into two words, the meaning is quite different.

Bob and Susan - 9-8-2007 at 03:18 PM

that's the canadian spelling:lol:

elgatoloco - 9-8-2007 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Oh Yeah Baby....the big yellow tail are BACK! Just as I suspected after the big swell died down, the water warmed up a bit and Bajaboy and Juan set out on a nice calm day for San Pablo were they weren't disappointed. There were tons of birds and lots of bait around and they hooked into 6 nice yellow tail as well as big calicos, bonitas were everywhere and big baracudas too. Our family, friends and animals were ecstatic and we all ate like pigs! I'll let Bajaboy tell the rest of the story. Our weather is back to normal again with nice cool westerly breezes in the afternoons. Nomad Roberto finally made it over after the arroyos went down and he and Juan will try their luck on Sunday so we can BBQ a yellow tail on our traditional Sunday gatherings here at the palapa on the point. The bite is ON!

From the waters of Asuncion on Thursday to our kitchen in San Diego on Saturday!! Mil Gracias Bajaboy!!! :bounce:

shari - 9-8-2007 at 05:33 PM

I stand corrected and thanks for the info...I am imagining you guys enjoying your yellowtail right now...can almost smell the BBQ! Wish we were there to eat it with you all...I made REAL tuna sandwiches from the bonita and we brought them to our picnic in San roque with rob & linda. We fouond clams and caracoles washed up on the beach so I can make crema de caracol tomorrow! It's all about the food!