BajaNomad

Baja loves plastic

Osprey - 9-10-2007 at 05:10 PM

Rumor today from our local grapevine says there will be an ATM machine placed in every Baja California delegacion.

I'll get back to you with the confirmation, the bank, the fees when and if the grapevine has grapes.

woody with a view - 9-10-2007 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Rumor today from our local grapevine says there will be an ATM machine placed in every Baja California delegacion.

I'll get back to you with the confirmation, the bank, the fees when and if the grapevine has grapes.

for "ease" of paying tickets???

Diver - 9-10-2007 at 06:22 PM

Or to get more US cash into the country from us tourists as easy as possible ?

Or, if I were a US legal or illegal and give a Mexican resident relative a card on my US bank account ..... whoala, instant cashola each month or whenever !!

Or 'cause they just like us ?? :lol:

BajaBruno - 9-10-2007 at 06:38 PM

I live on my ATM card down here. Before ATM's, I had to write a check to my Mexican bank account and wait a month for it to clear. Give me ATM's everywhere.

BAJACAT - 9-10-2007 at 07:20 PM

Or they want to make sure you always have $ for MORDIA:P

Iflyfish - 9-11-2007 at 12:18 AM

So much easier than it used to be and the rates are the best.

Iflyfish

Osprey - 9-11-2007 at 06:31 AM

One of my local cop friends was assigned the town quad for the day and came by my house to say hello and hit me up for gas money. I told him to "just stop some gringo, put the bite on him for $100 pesos". Next day a gringo neighbor complained to my that he was stopped. The infraction: driving with the headlights on. He told my cop friend "this Canadian car won't run if you turn off the lights", he avoided the mordida. I'm gonna have to give mordida lessons I guess.

shari - 9-11-2007 at 09:15 AM

This is a wonderful idea. Having no bank is a real problem here in the remote communities. Just to get to a bank machine is dangerous, lousy road, and very costly in gas and car repairs...plus we lose alot of revenue as visitors always run out of money and have to leave here because there is no access to a bank machine. I wonder how big the delegacion needs to be for this program? It would be a real asset here.

bajadock - 9-11-2007 at 09:25 AM

...thought this post was going to be about the amount of plastic containers found on the beaches and streets.

Cash and good wine values are only things I'm missing from USA.

[Edited on 9-11-2007 by bajadock]

Dave - 9-11-2007 at 10:09 AM

Quote:
I'm gonna have to give mordida lessons I guess.

:lol::lol::lol:

Also, folks need to understand that ATM's only work if you have a bank account. :rolleyes:

Bruce R Leech - 9-11-2007 at 10:49 AM

did you know that there are about 68 Mexicans that use ATM's for every non Mexican?

Go to your room

Dave - 9-11-2007 at 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
did you know that there are about 68 Mexicans that use ATM's for every non Mexican?

OK...Now you're just making stuff up. :rolleyes:

Osprey - 9-11-2007 at 01:22 PM

Are you suggesting it takes a Mexican 64 tries, a gringo one? That is racist.
There isn't much us gringos pay at the delegacion -- taxes, driver's lic. fee, car plates. It's a great idea which will keep more cash in town for local merchants because when gringos drive all the way to La Paz or Los Cabo to use the machine they also stock up at the box stores -- if they use the machine here, they will spend more in our little stores. Our electricity bill discount this bimester was $200 dollars. The peso is about 11.14 -- what a country! These are the good old days.

No wonder the lines are so long!

Dave - 9-11-2007 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting it takes a Mexican 64 tries, a gringo one?

I just hope they offer English as an option. Like in the States. :rolleyes:

longlegsinlapaz - 9-11-2007 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
One of my local cop friends was assigned the town quad for the day and came by my house to say hello and hit me up for gas money. I told him to "just stop some gringo, put the bite on him for $100 pesos". Next day a gringo neighbor complained to my that he was stopped. The infraction: driving with the headlights on. He told my cop friend "this Canadian car won't run if you turn off the lights", he avoided the mordida. I'm gonna have to give mordida lessons I guess.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Osprey's Mordita #101...Rule #1. .Don't hit up residents! Sounds like your neighbor thinks fast on his feet....errrr in the driver's seat!:lol:

Corky - 9-11-2007 at 06:09 PM

Very convenient for pre paid mordida. If Buena Vista gets one it will sure help out all the dirt moto riders who take a quick blast on the highway. Maybe they will have a prepaid ticket they punch every time they pull U over...Those guys are butt leeches.

bajajudy - 9-11-2007 at 07:35 PM

I believe that many people are getting paid by deposit so to collect their pay they have to use the ATM's. It seems to me that here that ratio is close......;D especially this time of year;D