BajaNomad

Towing a 26 foot boat from SD to La Paz

bajarickster - 9-11-2007 at 10:56 AM

I'm a new member, currently living in Colorado and building in La Paz. Looking at a 26 foot Bayliner in San Diego but I don't have the rig to pull it. Anybody coming down that way empty willing to bring the boat down. It's an 8.5 foot beam, so no permits necessary. I'll get insurance, pay for fuel and a reasonable fee. I'm looking sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Great site, got turned onto it by bajadoc, an old friend who is just finishing his place in Ensenada.
Does anyone have any different ideas for transportaion???

Idea

bajaguy - 9-11-2007 at 11:03 AM

Throw it in the water, load up on Pacifico and ice and sail her on down!!!!!...:lol::lol::lol::

DENNIS - 9-11-2007 at 11:12 AM

If you can get it to the ABC bus station in TJ, just hook up to the stern. They won't even know you're there and you'll make La Paz in about three hours what with they way they drive.

Bob and Susan - 9-11-2007 at 11:12 AM

old? new?

trailer? no trailer?

double axel? triple axel?

t top? no t top?

weight loaded?

toneart - 9-11-2007 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajarickster
I'm a new member, currently living in Colorado and building in La Paz. Looking at a 26 foot Bayliner in San Diego but I don't have the rig to pull it. Anybody coming down that way empty willing to bring the boat down. It's an 8.5 foot beam, so no permits necessary. I'll get insurance, pay for fuel and a reasonable fee. I'm looking sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Great site, got turned onto it by bajadoc, an old friend who is just finishing his place in Ensenada.
Does anyone have any different ideas for transportaion???

Contact Al Thompson. He has a professional tow service in and out of Baja. He advertises in Chubasco, the magazine put out by Vagabundos Del Mar. Al's phone numbers are: 928) 680-6008, (805) 331-8590. You can call Club Vagabundos at: (800) 474-2252. You can also get insurance through them.

CaboRon - 9-12-2007 at 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Throw it in the water, load up on Pacifico and ice and sail her on down!!!!!...:lol::lol::lol::

Sounds like an excuse for a vacation :lol::lol::lol:

- CaboRon

YOUR TRAILER

Norm - 9-12-2007 at 07:15 AM

We go to lapaz in late Jan, We can take the boat for you... we have driven this road 35+ times now & have a peterbuilt rig for our towing ....
you can email later if no one wants to help!! sea ya~ Norm

bajadock - 9-12-2007 at 08:04 AM

Welcome to NOMAD, rickster.

Yes, rickster is a friend of mine, but, doesn't have my character flaws.

B.R., Suggest your followup with answers to Bob & Susan's questions here. But, as you can see, lots of help is already headed your way.