BajaNomad

Casamar - Ensenada.

Roasty - 9-19-2007 at 11:12 AM

Stopped by here a good few times (last time had bad memories as when we had finished we went outside to find our truck/boat stolen) anyway, I always have the Pescado Rinconada (fish with a peppery sauce) - excellent!, and the scallop ceviche/habaneros as a starter.
Nice clean restaurant, great service, not cheap though.
Overall our favorite Ensenada restaurant.
Anybody else ?

DENNIS - 9-19-2007 at 12:31 PM

Casamar has for years been a good choice. Consistant and popular with everybody. Consistancy is the key to success for restaurants here. If your always good, you'll develop a classy clientele. If you're always mediocre, you'll develop a reliable trade as well. If you're good one day and bad the next, you've lost everybody. Casamar is always good.

Bob H - 9-19-2007 at 07:57 PM

They have a fantastic Chateaubriand dish for two! Oh, that might be at the El Ray Sol... sorry.
Bob H

DENNIS - 9-20-2007 at 06:27 AM

El Rey Sol..... Another good one.

Hook - 9-20-2007 at 10:58 AM

Has nobody eaten at Manzanillo?

Sallysouth - 9-20-2007 at 11:11 AM

Haliotas for Abulone.

toneart - 9-20-2007 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roasty
Stopped by here a good few times (last time had bad memories as when we had finished we went outside to find our truck/boat stolen) anyway, I always have the Pescado Rinconada (fish with a peppery sauce) - excellent!, and the scallop ceviche/habaneros as a starter.
Nice clean restaurant, great service, not cheap though.
Overall our favorite Ensenada restaurant.
Anybody else ?

Roasty,
After your bad experience, you (and others) should probably order food to go and eat it in your vehicle. :(
I don't mean this as a joke...well....sorta, but anyway, let's call it an irony. I remember your posts about your theft. Didn't you say it was recovered recently? I thought I read that. Hope things are better now. Glad to see it isn't keeping you away from Baja.

Hook

Gypsy Jan - 9-20-2007 at 04:14 PM

Re: Manzanilla in Ensenada, go to: http://www.chowhound.com/topics/407334

tripledigitken - 9-21-2007 at 08:37 AM

Another thumb's up for Casamar.

Agree that they serve consistantly good food.

Try the Pulpo with chilis, soup, salad, chips, Pacifico, flan and a cup of joe! The best!

Come to think of it I could be there for lunch today.

Ken

larry - 9-21-2007 at 03:30 PM

I vote for Mariscos Bahia de Ensenada: pulpo, camaron y calamar mixto en salsa de ajo.

I second the recommendation

Gypsy Jan - 9-21-2007 at 06:27 PM

for Mariscos Bahia in Ensenada.

A beautiful restaurant that has been in business for many years, serving mostly locals as far as I can tell, with guarded,
off street parking.

Impeccably fresh seafood - I like the oysters on the half shell and the pulpo in garlic sauce. There are live lobsters and other choices in the aquariums - they will introduce you to your future meal choice, if you wish.

[Edited on 9-24-2007 by Gypsy Jan]

beachbum1A - 9-23-2007 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by larry
I vote for Mariscos Bahia de Ensenada: pulpo, camaron y calamar mixto en salsa de ajo.

Oh yes, the camaron/calimar combo is great! Also the daily fried fish too!