BajaNomad

Newbie here!

bajaboolie - 9-24-2007 at 09:50 PM

Hello Nomads,
Just introducing myself...I've been a longtime lurker of this site and have appreciated all the valuable information relayed. I've been going to Mulege since I was 3 and now go with my husband and 5 year old. We're doing our annual drive down on October 5th. Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Al G - 9-24-2007 at 09:57 PM

Welcome aboard...I love Mulege and wish I could be down by then.
This is my last year here so got to make sure everything is right...so I will not have to return for awhile. Good luck and have fun...say hello to Don Johnson for me...ask if he paid my $100 paso bill for me...:lol: Albert

Bajabus - 9-24-2007 at 10:01 PM

Welcome and stay safe in your travels.

Bienvenidos bajaboolie

tortuga - 9-25-2007 at 05:39 AM

Welcome to Baja Nomad . You guys have a safe and enjoyable trip to Mulege .:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Saludos , Tortuga

Cypress - 9-25-2007 at 05:51 AM

bajaboolie Welcome.;) Let us know how the trip goes.:yes:

Bob and Susan - 9-25-2007 at 05:53 AM

"come-on-down" it was 85 degrees yesterday...NICE !!!:saint::saint:

this morning in the garage on the bay it's 80 degrees...
the town near the river is usally 5 degrees cooler

bajaboolie - 9-25-2007 at 08:24 AM

Thanks Everyone!
It's good to be a REAL Nomad instead of a lurker!:D

bajajudy - 9-25-2007 at 09:02 AM

Bienvenidos!
Welcome to our happy family.
:rolleyes:

Mulegena - 9-25-2007 at 09:16 AM

Hi, and welcome to The Nomad. This is where I come to find out the goings on right in my own town. I'd like to be the first to invite you to check your U2U for a short message. Thanks.

shari - 9-25-2007 at 10:37 AM

bienvenido to this crazy nomad world...and thanks for coming out of the closet..come an visit us anytime...love to meet more nomads face to face! Let us know how you are doing when you get there.

bajaboolie - 9-25-2007 at 12:50 PM

good to be out of the closet! I'll definitely report back on my trip...unfortunately we can only go for a week. Work (and now school...) will bring us back to California. Al...this is your last year in the States? You're moving down? Lucky.

SiReNiTa - 9-25-2007 at 04:43 PM

haha welcome...have a great trip and...um...yeah anyway it's all said above...how come i never get to say anything firsttttttttttt waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah:?::fire:

bajaboolie - 9-25-2007 at 04:55 PM

Funny, Sirenita...they're all good, and I feel so welcome!!

Bajagypsy - 9-25-2007 at 06:08 PM

Have a safe trip, and I'm looking forward to your trip report!

David K - 9-25-2007 at 06:55 PM

Welcome aboard!!! Tell us what it is about Baja that has you wanting more?

BAJACAT - 9-25-2007 at 07:29 PM

Bien Venida a Bajanomad,enjoy your trip, take lots of pictures to share...Remember to visit Bob&Susan they are only 1000 feet away..

Bob and Susan - 9-25-2007 at 07:32 PM

yes:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mango - 9-25-2007 at 08:04 PM

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy posting and being an active member here as much, if not more, than you did when you were lurking.

Have a great trip! We'll be looking forward to the reports/updates.

bajaboolie - 9-26-2007 at 08:11 AM

Ahhh, what is it about Baja that leaves me wanting more? I was recently asked that question by someone who chose to stay home when her husband went, and it got me thinking about it. I love that Baja is its own pace..Mexico time.., and I love that I can just sit on the porch under the the rattling fan and drink a beer at 10am if I want. I love the sunrise across the bay, the smell of the earth and sea, the adventure of driving down (although that one has me concerned the last 2 years). I love swimming in the bay and going for evening walks, watching the pelicans dive bomb for fish. I love the nostalgia from my childhood. The list goes on!

...a week and a half to go...

David K - 9-26-2007 at 08:15 AM

Excellent answer!!!!

Baja is freedom... the cure for civilization... a step back in time... another planet... where boojums grow... and so much more!

Gnome-ad - 9-26-2007 at 12:44 PM

bajaboolie ~

Welcome! I loved your answer about what is it about Baja that leaves you wanting more. Ahhhh Baja! Enjoy Mulege, it's a great place, as you already know so well.

:biggrin:

bajaboolie - 9-26-2007 at 01:32 PM

Thanks David and Gnome-ad. It was a great question...one that brought me right back there when I answered it. Always good.