BajaNomad

Mulege bound!!!!

Terry28 - 9-25-2007 at 10:13 AM

Finally all packed ,13 yr old out of school, and we are on our way wed. morning... Rosarito wed., Guerro Negro thrusday and Mulege on friday by noon...No big need to hurray. are there still speed traps south of G. N ?? We will be at our place at Buenaventura for all of Oct. Stop by and check it out, it's heaven!! ( or a least a bit of it)...pacificos on ice!!
We hope to visit Asuncion on the way home...

shari - 9-25-2007 at 10:48 AM

good new Terry, welcome home...look forward to seeing you on your way back!

Bajaboy - 9-25-2007 at 10:53 AM

I'll be in Asuncion that last week of October...hope to meet you.

Zac

bajaboolie - 9-25-2007 at 04:52 PM

Awesome...a whole month. How do you get around the school system with your 13 year old? Do you homeschool? We're taking our kindergartener out for 6 days and I feel a pang of guilt about it! (but just a pang...not enough to skip the trip!)

Diver - 9-25-2007 at 09:27 PM

We've been taking our kids out of school for 1-2 month Baja trips for years.
The elementary school teachers always said, take them, they will learn more on your trip.
We get their lesson plans and do some homeschooling while we're away.
It's never been a problem.
Some school administrators are aginst it because after 20 days absence, they don't get paid for the kids that are missing.

bajaboolie - 9-26-2007 at 01:48 PM

They certainly will learn more on the trip, especially if homeschooled. It's lucky, then, that Washington has a 20 day grace period. Unfortunately in California, it's every absent or tardy day that they get dinged from funding. The administrators allude that the teachers don't give the assignments or homework to the parents, but I don't think the teachers buy into that. Thankfullly, our daughter's teacher was quite supportive when I told her.