BajaNomad

10 year project coming to completion

DrTom - 9-30-2007 at 07:23 AM

Hopefully im not taking up valuable space with this, but just this might be a good place.....this january my wife liz and i will be coming down to our new home in Cabo. the house will be completed in december and im stoked. this year the plan is 3 months initially then next year 6 months and then i forsee 7 down there and 5 up here as an ongoing thing. Man, its a tricky deal getting out of the grip of the financial prison we got going here. Dont get me wrong, i absolutely love being a vet, but i need a little time off here, bro. The last thing i remember is sitting on a rock at the beach at Brooks St in laguna (where i was raised) and telling my self that i could always come back to surf after i got a vet degree....that was in 79. I kinda feel like im coming home going to cabo.....funny eh? I love british columbia....about 4 months a year. Anyway, look forward to meeting some of you guys...

DSC00154.JPG - 28kB

DrTom - 9-30-2007 at 07:24 AM

PS anybody know how to kill a palm tree?:)

bajajudy - 9-30-2007 at 07:29 AM

Well since I can see Punta Gorda in your photo, we are almost neighbors. Come out to La Choya to visit some day!
To kill a palm either dont water it or buy a chain saw.

Marie-Rose - 9-30-2007 at 09:16 AM

You're going to love it Dr. Tom!! Not sure what part of British Coloumbia you are from
but if you are anywhere near the island, or Vancouver you will be needing some drying
out I am sure!!! Can't wait to feel that sun as we are already in our first wind/rain warning of the winter!! Congrats and hope to meet you soon.

Baja&Back - 9-30-2007 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTom
PS anybody know how to kill a palm tree?:)

Dont kill it. Mail it to me in Vancouver - postage due. :bounce:

The photo looks more likeyou're in San Jose. :?:

Lindo!

BFS - 9-30-2007 at 10:32 AM

Nice View!!
Congratulations.

Aq

DanO - 9-30-2007 at 10:40 AM

Brook Street, eh? We used to call that Taco Bell Point. In the summer of '79 I had a summer job in Dana Point, working nights at the Albertson's (I found out later that one of the checkers during the day was Michelle Pfeiffer, before she got discovered -- DAMN!) and hanging at the beach during the day at Victoria Beach or Taco Bell Point, or up at my folks' place in CDM. Ahhh, to be completely irresponsible again, I know what you mean. I guess that's what we're all working for -- to be teenagers again.

woody with a view - 9-30-2007 at 10:51 AM

Quote:

I guess that's what we're all working for -- to be teenagers again.

words of wisdom, for sure!

my vote for the post of the day!!!!!!

Iflyfish - 9-30-2007 at 04:56 PM

Well earned respite amigo! Congrats!

Iflyfish