BajaNomad

First Big Boy to Arrive

bajajudy - 10-3-2007 at 02:58 PM

Last night Jim and I were eating at La Posadita in La Playa, which is a side of the road, little palapa roofed, local eatery.
If you are ever here and it is open, I highly recommend it. They only have 3 things on the menu: Tacos dorado(not fish, the color golden, read fried), Tostados Y Tortas. All carne deshebrado(spelling may be wrong but it means shreaded) de pulpa negra. All excellent. They open at dusk and stay open until they feel like closing on whatever days they feel like opening.
Ok back to the story. I look up and say....OMG. Jim says, What is it? Then he sees it too. A tuna tower, taller than any building around the marina, slowly making its was to the docks over near our house. As he turned to make his way I saw, in my mind's eye, a marina full of these guys and I gasped.

first.jpg - 38kB

Baja&Back - 10-3-2007 at 03:42 PM

I hear that Paul Allen's 300 foot Big Black Boy is on it's way down to your Puerto.

Don't worry about Bill Gates showing up, tho. He's afraid of water.:lol:

bajajudy - 10-3-2007 at 03:48 PM

Did he paint it?

tatoosh.jpg - 27kB

oxxo - 10-3-2007 at 04:19 PM

Judy, Paul Allen owns, I think, three superyachts. The black one is the worlds largest sailing yacht. The last I heard it was down in the Bahamas. My boat would probably fit in the galley of any one of these boats.

bajajudy - 10-3-2007 at 04:48 PM

Silly me. I should have known that he had more than one!
I didnt find anything on BBB in google. Just Tatoosh, pictured above. I doubt either could get into the marina right now...they havent really finished dredging it.

I also realize that this was not a mega-yacht but seeing it go by in the night was a rude awakening...It looked huge....looked much smaller this morning. still a nice size boat. I would go fishing on it in a heartbeat

[Edited on 10-3-2007 by bajajudy]

Baja&Back - 10-3-2007 at 04:50 PM

Yea, your pic is of his MEDIUM size yacht! We cruised around it in Vancouver harbour one time. When I asked if we could come aboard, we were told to pee off. Not neighbourly, eh?

Bajajudy, Check Oout This Blog

Gypsy Jan - 10-3-2007 at 05:20 PM

Go to: http://www.yachtspotter.com/index.php

bajajudy - 10-3-2007 at 05:31 PM

Jan
Now my life is complete...I can keep up with where all the megas are....
Thanks, girlfriend

Sharksbaja - 10-3-2007 at 06:01 PM

Gee, what a neighborhood. Don't worry Judy, they'll eventually build a tower to "trump" any boat ship I'm sure.;D