BajaNomad

Pedestrian Sentri woes

rayfornario - 10-3-2007 at 08:55 PM

Just an FYI for anyone interested who uses pedestrian sentri:
I went through pedestrian sentri tonight on my way back from TJ. It was closed(again)! I went to the bus line and went through. I spoke to customs and they are seriously considering shutting it down because they feel it is not productive to post a customs agent there for the few that have the pass. There are 5000 that have the pass and then they closed registration.
I asked why they don't reopen the program because I am sure there are many more people that want to join. He didn't have an answer for that but suggested that anyone interested voice there complaints to customa and their local congressman. What a waste of money for all the equipment! Basically they are saying that because their are no long lines in pedestrian sentri, it's not worth keeping open!!!:fire:

fdt - 10-3-2007 at 10:10 PM

Thanks, but I've come to accept the fact that the officers working there really don't know all of the info and really dont care to give it if they do, they have the "it's not my job attitude" tward most things. I'll write a letter, but you say to your local congressman, who is your local one, same as mine?

rayfornario - 10-4-2007 at 08:22 AM

I think ours is Filner.
It is so damn aggravating that a straight answer cannot be found! The goverment finally creates a system that alleviates a problem and then they want to take it away due to mismanagement. That whole customs department needs to be overhauled!!!

fdt - 10-4-2007 at 08:43 AM

Maybe if they charge a fee like for cars and start taking new applicants?

rayfornario - 10-4-2007 at 12:52 PM

It would be well worth it since I avoid driving in TJ when possible.
I wrote to our congressman already.:fire: