BajaNomad

Loreto has changed

flyfishinPam - 10-5-2007 at 11:22 AM

yesterday it was so hot my eyeballs sweat and its been this way for weeks

I stayed up pretty late but just before sunset I noticed cool breezes from the West. i figured it was air from fog from the Pacific.

at midnight the wind was keeping me from tying knots in some rig I made for fishermen and at about 2am it was friggin cold outside. at 5am when I got up it was cool enough for a jacket. i'm in my shop, doors and windows closed, no A/C in a t-shirt instead of a tanktop and its COMFORTABLE!

by the way the street is paved out fromt too

could this be the seasonal climate switcheroo?

AAAHHHHHH!!!!! :cool:

edinnopolo - 10-5-2007 at 11:32 AM

Pam,
That change is actually about 10 days early. In all the years I've lived here, the temperature usually doesn't have a dramatic change till the middle of the month. For years almost could set your watch by it.
This one maybe something to do with Gore's global warming.:lol::lol:
But no matter what, looking forward to winter.:yes::yes:

Hook - 10-5-2007 at 11:52 AM

Weak Pacific front moving down the coast from California. Very warm front; overnight readings of 62 degrees from within a mile of the coast. This is probably pushing cooler air into the Sea. Buoyweather predicting a NWer by Saturday afternoon. The ocean cooldown may be beginning.

Of course, warm is a relative term in describing this front. :lol:

toneart - 10-5-2007 at 12:07 PM

We had snow this morning where I live during summers, at 3500' on the west slope of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Temperature: 30 degrees F. Day before yesterday was shorts and t shirt and lake swimming.

backninedan - 10-5-2007 at 12:41 PM

We turned off the AC about three o'clock this morning, thats a first in several months.

Pam, I as down to your shop around 11 or so and the street looks very nice. Hope they open it soon.