BajaNomad

MULEGE- The new Ray's Place is now open/see photos

CasaManzana - 10-6-2007 at 04:04 PM

Ray's Place, as we all know, is no longer at Santispac Beach. Just last weekend was the grand opening of the new Ray's Place Restaurant. Take the Old Ice House Road (last left turn as you leave Mulege going north) and follow the signs to HACIENDA DE LA HABANA RESORT. Yep, it's part of the resort that Ray has been busy working on since the move from Santispac.

"Ray gives good bar" it is said

In fact, this is likely the fanciest bar Mulege has to offer.

Ray is known for his great service and food

Part of the resort is the RV park with 25 full hook-ups to offer

The Clubhouse offers an outside bar, large party room for weddings and birthday parties, and a full kitchen

Want a nice pool with a swim-up bar?....check.

Too many margaritas....? Why not stay over in one of the rental casitas he has now-

Or if you really get your foot caught with the views of the valley, Ray has lots for your new casa-

The new HACIENDA DE LA HABANA RESORT is about 2 miles out from Mulege. The restaurant is closed Sunday and Mondays. COMING SOON- He is working on an email address for reservations and general information:yes:

[Edited on 10-6-2007 by CasaManzana]

bajajudy - 10-6-2007 at 06:59 PM

Looks good to me too
See ya Ray

vandenberg - 10-6-2007 at 07:11 PM

Pretty impressive. Next time through we'll make sure to stop.

Baja&Back - 10-6-2007 at 07:12 PM

That guy's just a natural Good Host!
Highly recommend that everyone stop there.

Tell Ray that we'll be there with bells on around Nov 22!
I see the "other" Bob & Susan dining there. Look forward to seeing them, too.

Barry & Vanda

Sharksbaja - 10-6-2007 at 08:18 PM

Well, THOSE faces look familiar:lol: I'll stop by soon and check it out. Thanks for the report Casa.

Was there last night...tiny update-

CasaManzana - 10-7-2007 at 02:25 PM

Ray has replaced all those crappy plastic Pacifio chairs with padded metal chairs. Really pumped up the "class act" feel.:yes:

roundtuit - 10-7-2007 at 03:35 PM

What, no sea shell dance floor???:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

capt. mike - 10-8-2007 at 06:10 AM

what was the name of Ray's bartender at the beach place - oh, i just remembered, Omar - right?

is he working at the orchard setting of Ray's new venue?

be there this week, can't wait. his margs rivaled Alejandro's.

capt. mike - 10-9-2007 at 11:27 AM

does Ray have email?

Santiago - 10-9-2007 at 11:37 AM

What is that green stuff on the ground where the RV park is? Can't possibly be lawn????

Reply to Capt'n Mike & Santiego

CasaManzana - 10-10-2007 at 09:29 PM

Ray just bought a 'puter and he now has a Yahoo address, but the wireless signal from the ranch next door requires a range extender. One is coming, but of course just when :?: is the question.
YES,THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL SMOOTH LAWN. Ray has had several caravans come in and somehow it still looks good.

Bob and Susan - 10-11-2007 at 06:19 AM

make one for him...
here's the link
http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html

they use these down here to pick up "the waves":saint::saint:

nalleyscantenna.jpg - 8kB

Bob and Susan - 10-11-2007 at 06:20 AM

and...you get to "eat" toooooo:P

[Edited on 10-11-2007 by Bob and Susan]

nalleyscan.jpg - 15kB

capt. mike - 10-11-2007 at 07:57 AM

Bob!! when i get there you are commisioned to help me rig an extender so i can get diana's wifi without having to hoof it to the lobby!!

capt. mike - 10-11-2007 at 08:04 AM

my laptop has built in wifi antenna. so what now? - rig up an ethernet adapter to plug in the can hardware A-N fitting outflow into my ethernet port?!!
well we have weeks to sort this out....
better hit the Shack today and get partz....:o

Bob and Susan - 10-11-2007 at 09:21 AM

i'm ready for you mike:lol::lol::lol:

P1020744.JPG - 41kB

capt. mike - 10-11-2007 at 09:53 AM

hey - there are 50 flying sams staying serenidad this weekend in about 10 planes.

good marketing opportunity - you ought to get over there with some handbills .
i'll bring a load out fri afternoon in the red ramper, we'll christen the bar.
yahoo!!

Joelt - 11-28-2007 at 01:26 PM

I had been trying to get to Rays on the beach at Santispac for a few years and always missed it because I went on the days he was closed. My fault. But everyone always said you have to try Ray's. Well, we went to Ray's new place in Mulege 3 times over the last month with groups of 10 or more. The first time before we were seated Ray came out with 2 big platters of Oyster's Rockefeller. I'm not much for oysters but, wow! These were great! Everyone had the coconut prawns except one who couldn't eat shrimp and he had the calamari. He also served us a salad and fabulous dessert. Outstanding food. The second time out we had the same as before with the oysters plus he added civeche. We all had a combination plate of coconut shrimp and calamari. It was the same amount of shrimp as the week before with 2 big pieces of calamari each. I've eaten a lot of calamari but have never had any like Ray makes. Thick slices cooked to perfection and fork tender. Once again an outstanding meal. The third meal was the same but this time he added some pork from a roasted pig. Each time out there was better than the time before! The second and third time he had live music. I can't say enough about Ray and his staff. Be sure to get there early enough to see the sunset.

dgi-donna - 11-28-2007 at 03:01 PM

We have been looking for Ray's our last two trips. Is he down by the Ice House by the river and bridge? If not, how do we find him. We would go from Mulege just to eat when we were in town. We usuall fly into Serenidad.

toneart - 11-28-2007 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dgi-donna
We have been looking for Ray's our last two trips. Is he down by the Ice House by the river and bridge? If not, how do we find him. We would go from Mulege just to eat when we were in town. We usuall fly into Serenidad.

No. Different Ice house. You want the Ice House Road. From town, get back up on the highway and go North, towards Santa Rosalia. Just about 1/4 mile from town (past the first speed bump but before the second one) you turn left. A few blocks up you turn left again from the Ice House Road. There is a Ray's sign. Zig zag on the dirt roads for about 2 miles.

Bien comidas! Tell Ray that Tony from The Orchard will be there in late December.:bounce::bounce:

Lindalou - 2-14-2008 at 12:44 PM

The "other Bob and Susan" used to work for Ray when he was on Santispac (they lived just across from him. they were also our neighbors a few doors down) Robert was the DJ and Susie used to like to dance. Do they still work for him at his new location?

roundtuit - 2-14-2008 at 12:58 PM

Nope, Bob now DJs at Anna's on Sat nite and special parties and Susie is still dancing.:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Lindalou - 2-14-2008 at 01:40 PM

Thank you. I have been emailing Russ with no response lately, are he and Lupe still at ana's?

roundtuit - 2-14-2008 at 01:54 PM

Russ, Lupe, Zeluma, and Marta ( Bertha's) The whole gang. Beach has it's ups and downs, buzy right now.

Gadget - 2-14-2008 at 01:57 PM

Quote:
Ray's Place, as we all know, is no longer at Santispac Beach. Just last weekend was the grand opening of the new Ray's Place Restaurant. Take the Old Ice House Road (last left turn as you leave Mulege going north) and follow the signs to HACIENDA DE LA HABANA RESORT. ]

Last left as you are going North? Is this correct?
So it is north of town and inland?

Lindalou - 2-14-2008 at 01:58 PM

Thanks for letting me know this, as the last time I talked to Russ he and Lupe wanted to take over Rays before it burned to the ground of course. Is Maggie back? Did I just hijack this thread? :o

roundtuit - 2-14-2008 at 02:06 PM

RAY'S is north and west of the new yellow and gold arches, street lights, and curb and gutters. No Maggie

bajajudy - 2-14-2008 at 02:58 PM

We were just at Rays. Camped and ate there. Excellent on both counts. Very peaceful out there in that valley.