BajaNomad

POST B1K, How do we survive Cabo

DEVEAU - 10-9-2007 at 02:51 PM

Team DirtDogs will be staying in Cabo until Sunday/Monday after the 1000. We have a condo at Marina Sol.

Where do we shop and what else to do, the Tourist part of Cabo will drive us nuts quickly! We will have 3 chase trucks so we have wheels, I probably won't want to get on a Motorcycle for 12-24 hours after the race.

Cap - 10-9-2007 at 04:27 PM

Easy answer: drink and fish.

Try fishing the golden gates, make sure your boat is LOADED with supplies you will probably be there for a while battling some monster fish.

Then get out at night,(you will need a nap first) bring some of your catch to a Marina side restraunt and eat, drink, and sing with some Mariachis

Tour the inland cantinas sampling tequila.

If Las Varitas has a band stop in and dance.

Finish off the night at a taqueria, I like the pappas mixtas for soaking up the aforementioned Tequila.

If you are lucky enough to wake up on a sunday ask a local in your hotel where to get good menudo. A large bowl of this magical stew and two ice cold Sol beers and you are ready for day two

Survive it?...embrace it!

Salut

DEVEAU - 10-10-2007 at 08:35 AM

We will be drinking! Don't know about fishing? Have always said "DirtDogs Don't Fish".

My concern is that we have blown our budget on the three SCORE races this year. Will hit the town atleast one night. But where do we shop for Booze and food. Can't afford to drink in the Bars every night!

Cap - 10-10-2007 at 08:48 AM

If you have wheels try the Super about 2 miles inland from the Marina. Otherwise there is a store on the corner across from quesadillass Restraunt. Higher prices though. The Mar de cortez hotel is well located and in expensive as well. Good pool to pre- party by.
Good luck

Minnow - 10-10-2007 at 08:56 AM

I have stayed in the Marina Sol. The rooms have a small refrigerator in them. Stock up before you get there at one of the Merados away from the tourist district. The mini market in the marina is way too expensive.

PJC - 10-19-2007 at 03:16 PM

Make sure you visit Mike G. at Latitude 22 http://www.lat22nobaddays.com/

Superb service, food and atmosphere.

bajajudy - 10-19-2007 at 03:39 PM

If you have a Costco card, head there!
If you dont buy one and you can use it when you get back to the states. My mother in law loves the look on clerks' faces when she whips out her Mexico card.
Then you can go to Lat 22 which is right next door!

DEVEAU - 10-19-2007 at 03:51 PM

Thanks, I did not expect a Costco? Some good info.