BajaNomad

Mission Santa Maria 2007 Photo Web Page

David K - 10-9-2007 at 11:07 PM

Tonight I finished (I think) the photo web page for our trip to Mision Santa Maria (with The Squarecircle, last Memorial Day weekend)...

Photos, (including big horns), captions with details, and some GPS waypoints (no surfing spots) of the toughest road in Baja that goes to the last mission founded by the Jesuits...

Please check it out, and let me know if I can make it better before it gets saved to VivaBaja.com, GRACIAS!

Click:

2007 Mision Santa Maria Trip

[Edited on 10-10-2007 by David K]

Cap - 10-10-2007 at 12:16 AM

very cool! I enjoyed the report. I would only say that the wall paper behind the text was a bit busy and distracting. Great shots, sounds like a great time. Did you guys bring a winch?

David K - 10-10-2007 at 09:04 AM

Thanks Cap...

I can change that.. I used the brick background because it was about a mission...

ALSO, the 360 degree moving panorama has been added!

Here it is, also (use mouse to control speed and direction of rotation):

[Edited on 10-10-2007 by David K]

David K - 10-10-2007 at 09:07 PM

Okay, I made the wallpaper plain, added a road log, fixed several typos, and reworded some captions to read better.

I think it is done... but please let me know if it could be better!

Thanks Nomads!!

http://community-2.webtv.net/VivaBaja/msm

MSM07 105r.JPG - 39kB

Bajafun777 - 10-10-2007 at 09:29 PM

DK, I know I asked sometime back about where a good place was to get a lift kit for a truck was in San Diego area but need to get your thoughts again. My son has a 2007 Nissan Titan 4X4 and looking for the lift, tires and rims all at the same place, so the answer is?????? He has a few he was calling but open for suggests-------------bajafun777

David K - 10-10-2007 at 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajafun777
DK, I know I asked sometime back about where a good place was to get a lift kit for a truck was in San Diego area but need to get your thoughts again. My son has a 2007 Nissan Titan 4X4 and looking for the lift, tires and rims all at the same place, so the answer is?????? He has a few he was calling but open for suggests-------------bajafun777

Off Road Warehouse may be what works for him... stores all over San Diego County.

The trip to the mission was in a pure stock Tacoma TRD. With Cooper Discoverer STT tires (stock size).

Since then, I replaced the stock rear Bilstein shocks with model 5100 Bilsteins and added Ride-Rite adjustable air springs (aka 'air bags')... This to improve the otherwise soft rear suspension. The work was done by OFF ROAD WAREHOUSE. I also replaced the tires with Toyo Open Country A/T (from Express Tires).

None of what I did had anything to do with the mission trip, last May...

TMW - 10-11-2007 at 07:31 AM

David what ever happened to the repairs on the doorway at the mission. I thought the Mexican government or some historic agency was doing it.

David K - 10-11-2007 at 08:15 AM

Yah, me too... You saw my INAH comment!

There was a 'new' survey marker, but dated 1996 there (I never saw before)... Other than that, nothing done.

MSM07 041r.JPG - 44kB

David K - 10-12-2007 at 09:22 AM

On the links page, at the end of the 'msm' site, I added a link to the panorama that Baja Mur made when we went to the mission in 1999...

Now, I think I am done tinkering with it, LOL!!!;)

Wait, do you guys want me to add GPS waypoints to the road log page???

TMW - 10-12-2007 at 10:30 AM

NO!NO!NO! We don't want no surfers finding the place. They'll ruin it for everyone.

David K - 10-12-2007 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
NO!NO!NO! We don't want no surfers finding the place. They'll ruin it for everyone.

Good point! Santa Maria is one of the Seven Sisters, huh?:light::lol: