BajaNomad

Wow, Santispac is back to normal!

Bob H - 10-11-2007 at 10:59 AM

Audrey and I went through Playa Santispac yesterday - and I could not believe my eyes! All of the inhabitants are GONE and there is only beach camping allowed now along little palapa huts. Unreal.
Having a blast in Baja Sur! Playa Coyote was fantastic and the water was smooth all morning for kayaking!
Back in Mulege today and we are hoping for Chili Rellenos at Jungle Jims tonight.
OH, must put more Pacificos on ice, later...
Bob H

cbuzzetti - 10-11-2007 at 11:14 AM

Hi Bob, glad to hear that your trip is going well.
It was great to meet both of you at Guillermo's.

Be sure to enjoy the rest of your vacation.

BajaBuzz

Bob H - 10-11-2007 at 02:30 PM

Hey, BajaBuzz... CBuzz... the fish you gave us was fantastic! Shari in Bahia Ascuncion made up some absolutely fantastic sushi out of that fresh yellowtail. We could not stop eating it. Thanks a million! (and thank you Shari for showing us how to really roll a good batch of sushi)
I hope you caught some more to fill the empty spot in your freezer. It was great to meet and your buddies (Matt and Tom??).
Bob H

capt. mike - 10-11-2007 at 05:09 PM

Bob - we're running out to Playa Frambes sat morning. bloody marys and swimming. have you been there yet?
join us .
i have to do the weight check certification on his new plastic bar chairs.:lol::lol:

Bob H - 10-11-2007 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Bob - we're running out to Playa Frambes sat morning. bloody marys and swimming. have you been there yet?
join us .
i have to do the weight check certification on his new plastic bar chairs.:lol::lol:

We stopped by their place and met them on Tuesday on our way to Playa Coyote. Great people and a wonderful project they are close to completing. Playa Frambles is a class act. Now you are really tempting us to stay here longer. We do have some projects at home, but let me see if I can get Audrey to delay that stuff awhile. And, I think the bar chairs are made of bamboo, should hold up well... hahahahaha!
Bob H

[Edited on 10-12-2007 by Bob H]

No Kidding about Santispac...

Sunman - 10-14-2007 at 02:21 PM

Spent the night there on the 8th....a total of about 4 or 5 vehicles spread out, very peaceful. It's usually a complete freakshow.

David K - 10-14-2007 at 06:38 PM

What about the trucks all night long? (Stayed at Santispac one trip next to Capt. Mike, and that was what stood out, after the beautiful view, naturally)

Bob H - 10-14-2007 at 06:55 PM

Did not spend the night in Santaspac... however we did stay two nights in Playa Coyote... never paid any attention to the trucks - guess we were having way too much fun... or too many Pacificos... hahaha. Bob H

Sunman - 10-14-2007 at 08:53 PM

It wasn't that bad...i was on the North end away from the road and was also quite "sedated" with rum and cervezas!

Baja&Back - 10-14-2007 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
What about the trucks all night long? (Stayed at Santispac one trip next to Capt. Mike, and that was what stood out, after the beautiful view, naturally)

Hey> I'd rather put up with truck noise at Santispac than the scrape of snow shovels in the morning! :lol:

Besides, the headlight beams look eerie sweeping across the hillsides at nite.

David K - 10-14-2007 at 09:16 PM

I agree a noisy night in BAJA is still better than a frozen night in the Great White North, eh? (or most anywhere else!)

[Edited on 10-15-2007 by David K]

Packoderm - 10-14-2007 at 11:20 PM

I've seen those big rigs actually apply their jake brakes while going uphill. I have also heard them yell out indecipherable stuff into the night while they were making such a racket. I was hanging out at camp one time at Playa Coco's with a Mexican family, and even they couldn't make out what the truckers were yelling. The next day, I moved it on over to La Perla.

Lindalou - 10-15-2007 at 04:58 AM

Sunman, what do you mean about it used to be a complete freakshow? We used to live on that beach and don't know what you are refering to.

Bob and Susan - 10-15-2007 at 05:11 AM

he was probably there when the carnival was in town:saint::saint:

Lindalou - 10-15-2007 at 05:36 AM

That could be. We made sure we weren't!

Sunman - 10-15-2007 at 06:42 AM

I was just referring to it being packed with people, nothing more than that. Didn't mean to offend.

[Edited on 10-15-2007 by Sunman]

jorgie - 10-15-2007 at 07:19 AM

any word on development for or by the ejido ????

Bob H - 10-15-2007 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jorgie

There is talk about developing this beach with condos. Bob and Susan would probably know more.
Bob H

castaway$ - 10-15-2007 at 09:00 AM

Last trip down I heard Santispac was sold to a private investment group and slated to be developed, if this is true I guess we need to enjoy the solitude while we can. But then again if the development schedule is on Baja time we might have quite a while.

Baja&Back - 10-15-2007 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jorgie

Israel, the manager, told us last year that the ejido had sold to Carlos Slim & friends for a private resort. They will supposedly dredge the lagoon for a private marna.

Oh well.:(

Bob and Susan - 10-15-2007 at 11:21 AM

probably won't be in our lifetime...

things are just "natural" for now

the new buyers are the ones who insisted the renters move...

i heard it was a "spanish corporation" and "slim" bought something farther south
rumors:lol::lol::lol::lol:

DianaT - 10-15-2007 at 12:14 PM

Slim sure gets around. For a while there was a rumor in Bahia Asuncion that Slim was negotiating to buy San Roque.