BajaNomad

baja mar steak house in san felipe

alivenbaja - 10-12-2007 at 01:05 PM

There is the Baja Mar Restaurant on the Malecon...but a few blocks away is the Baja Mar Steak House. We really enjoy it. The Owner takes time to visit with the Customers. The prices are in line. The atmosphere is wonderful and the Art on the Walls by Robin Waters is breathtaking...
:bounce:

meme - 10-12-2007 at 01:34 PM

We found the new steak house to be nice, good food but spendy enough that it will not be a real regular place for most people.

tripledigitken - 10-12-2007 at 04:11 PM

Will you compare/contrast it to the SF El Nido?

Thanks,

Ken

baja mar steak house

alivenbaja - 10-12-2007 at 06:14 PM

Ken:
I actually think the new place is better. The price of the
T-Bone steak my husband had was $9 USD at Baja Mar. We have always paid a lot more than that at El Nido.

We don't really go out all that much. So we were pleased. But I'm just about as happy at my favorite Taco Stand which is between the Maniangos Drive Thru Pizza and El Sembrador Market.:fire:

meme - 10-13-2007 at 07:54 AM

Baja Mar does do a better baked potato than El Nido. We had Filet Mignon which was $16.50 USD. I have not been to El Nido yet this season but Filet Mignon is usually much less than that. The steaks on Early Bird Special are cheaper but not all that good, so you get what you pay for, so even if we go early we order the Filet.

Bajafun777 - 10-13-2007 at 02:16 PM

It's like anything---it depends on the cook!! In the 80s El Nido had a good cook and the place was always full on thursdays, fridays, and saturdays. The seasoning and turning of the meat during the cooking process and having the coals or mesquite burnt down enough to not burn the meat with too much heat at one time. Now you made me hungry and I will have to start the BBQ. Later------------------- bajafun777

woody with a view - 10-13-2007 at 02:23 PM

sounds like we're doing ribeyes on the bbq for the chargers tomorrow. thank you, very much!!!!:light:

bajalou - 10-13-2007 at 02:26 PM

I think the best T-bone I ever had was at Georges, right next to El Nido.

BajaWarrior - 10-13-2007 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalou
I think the best T-bone I ever had was at Georges, right next to El Nido.

Yep, just about the same menu too. Just lacking the ambiance of El Nido.

Have eaten at Georges many times when El Nido was too long of a wait...

Price - 10-15-2007 at 04:15 PM

Georges gets my vote - ALWAYS good - El Nido depends on whos cooking so unless you know it's iffy - Baja Mar Steak House was very good - but you just can't beat Georges !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meme - 10-16-2007 at 08:21 AM

Well, my reviews for Georges would not be as good I am sorry to say. I have eaten there several times over the years. Breakfast was the best meal I ever had there. Chicken fried wayyyyy too long so very very dried out & tough. Steaks too thin, over cooked, tough or too fatty, and not very tasty. So I woulld ofcourse choose El Nido or Baja Mar over Georges any day. But ofcourse "to each his own"!

David K - 10-16-2007 at 09:04 AM

Baja Angel will always be happy if we have dinner at George's... Usually have shrimp dinner there, so don't have an opinion on the steaks.