BajaNomad

SENTRI pass

BajaGeoff - 10-15-2007 at 02:37 PM

I finally got my SENTRI pass today. The entire process took about a month and was really easy. I submitted my application online, got an email about two weeks later that it had been approved, then scheduled the appointment for this morning. I went to the Otay office and was in and out with my card in just over an hour.

Here is the online application website:

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/

fandango - 10-16-2007 at 11:06 PM

bg: congratulations on the sentri. i too applied online, waited 6 weeks for conditional approval.
after our appointment at otay we drove into tijuana from the otay border with our sentri cards in hand. we wanted to try the route from the border fence road thru town to the san ysidro sentri lane. it was a mess. way too much traffic.

that was a few weeks ago. we took a trip a few days ago and crossed at san ysidro and took (or tried to take) the free road to rosarito. we couldn't get over 1 lane for the via rapido lane and had to tour TJ until we found the free road. it was very good once we found it. on the way back tonight we took the free road from north of rosarito and drove directly to the sentri lanes. about 12 miles from the off ramp to the border. even in the dark it was no problem and traffic was light. 4 minutes in line. WOW!! although we had the scariest border agent i have ever seen.
so do as FDT says and take the free road, it was great.

tjBill - 10-17-2007 at 06:10 PM

I had a similar experience applying online.

1) applied online
2) two weeks later got conditional approval
3) made my appointment for two weeks later at the Sentri office
4) At the appointment (lasted one hour) they examined all my documents, asked some questions and gave me the Sentri card.

BajaGeoff - 10-17-2007 at 06:17 PM

Nice!

I used my Sentri for the first time today. The regular border wait looked to be at least an hour......Sentri took 10 minutes!

Bajafun777 - 10-18-2007 at 01:08 AM

Yea, when it is good it is good and Sentri only makes it good, so good. Later----- bajafun777