BajaNomad

Juan catches a record Yellowtail near Asuncion

shari - 10-15-2007 at 02:40 PM

It was a windy rough day but Bajaboy and Juan toughed it out and ended up landing this big boy just north of san roque. It was a record fish for this area...the biggest was a 46.5 pounder in La Bocana and this was 48.5 pounds....sorry Iflyfish...Juan just beat your record too!!! That fatty fed lots of folks at our Sunday gathering and today we will have sushi,lobster and halibut that jerry & judi sort of caught. Bajaboy certainly does bring us luck every time he goes out. The boys deserved this after working hard on bajaboys new casita the last few days getting it ship shape for when Zoe comes in a couple weeks for Sirenitas birthday bash.

juanytsm.jpg - 43kB

Bob H - 10-15-2007 at 02:42 PM

Very NICE!
Bob H

Bob and Susan - 10-15-2007 at 02:46 PM

that jaun is some fisherman...he must know ALL the "secret spots":O

Diver - 10-15-2007 at 03:04 PM

I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue !!
I can't stand not being there !
You guys are driving me crazy !
Is there a good mental facility nearby ? :light::light: :lol::lol::lol:

shari - 10-15-2007 at 03:07 PM

Glad you asked diver...we just happen to offer private therapy which consists of a prescription of tecate and fishing!:wow:

Diver - 10-15-2007 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Glad you asked diver...we just happen to offer private therapy which consists of a prescription of tecate and fishing!:wow:

Now how to hit my doctor with this one ??
Doc, the only thing that will cure me is private on-the-water therapy with famed psychological counselor, Juan Arce aboard the La Sirena.....

DianaT - 10-15-2007 at 03:21 PM

That is a MONSTER ---- He should have saved that one for next years fishing tournament. :yes::yes:

Put that picture on your webpage next to Ifyfish's picture and people will think that only mega yellow tail are caught in BA. :lol::lol:

Congrats Juan

Diane

Diver - 10-15-2007 at 03:25 PM

A retreat !!
Yes, that's what I need Doc; a retreat !! :biggrin:

That baby is HUGE !!
But Ifly's smile was bigger !!

DianaT - 10-15-2007 at 03:26 PM

Don't despair Diver, we will check things out next week for you just to make sure that picture is real. :lol::lol:

Diane

Bajagypsy - 10-15-2007 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
A retreat !!
Yes, that's what I need Doc; a retreat !! :biggrin:

That baby is HUGE !!
But Ifly's smile was bigger !!

I have to agree Diver, I was trying to figure out how I could get my Doctor to write me a perscription for Baja? Any idea's?

Diver - 10-15-2007 at 03:51 PM

Gotta do it !!

50lb yellowtail.jpg - 32kB

Diver - 10-15-2007 at 03:53 PM

Did I ever tell you about the thick boneless steaks we cut off this guy's back ?
Lightly seared on the barb'e, it was the best fish I ever ate !!

DianaT - 10-15-2007 at 03:54 PM

OK, now with the two pictures to compare it is interesting. Ifyfish's fish look longer, but Juan's looks fatter----you don't think Juan has been hand feeding that fish for a while just to fatten it up for the catch? :lol::lol:

Those are such great fish

Diver - 10-15-2007 at 03:58 PM

You must also consider the background of the photo. :rolleyes:
I think Juan's may be bigger ! :biggrin:

Sorry Ifly !! :lol::lol::lol:

Sunman - 10-15-2007 at 04:02 PM

WHOA! Congrats Juan, that's a serious "Juapper"

another view of the bigboy

shari - 10-15-2007 at 04:09 PM

It appears Ifly's may have been longer but this was a serious FATTY....super thick macho fish...these guys hang out alone...I guess they ate all the feed around them so other fish just moved on...he caught it on a red nose, white belly rapalla with a big spoon on the head...I asked Juan how his fighting belt worked but he had lent it to bajaboy! All our animals chowed down on this baby too and slept all afternoon afterwards. Word got around fast and we had lots of visitors who came to see the big guy and Juan's been showing the photos off today too. He is one happy pescador!

smjuanyt.jpg - 39kB

Bajaboy - 10-15-2007 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
OK, now with the two pictures to compare it is interesting. Ifyfish's fish look longer, but Juan's looks fatter----you don't think Juan has been hand feeding that fish for a while just to fatten it up for the catch? :lol::lol:

Those are such great fish

Hey Diane-

I'm back in San Diego and have some of that yellowtail on ice. The wife and cats are in for a treat tonight.

It's funny that you mention fattening the fish...we decided to postpone our fishing for a day and kept joking that the fish would be fatter the next day anyways....

Zac

comitan - 10-15-2007 at 04:13 PM

Shari

You better start saving those carcases for Dianes garden.

Iflyfish - 10-15-2007 at 04:16 PM

Whoaa!!! What a great fish! Saludos amigo. What a fight that must have been! That bad boy is nearly as round as you amigo!

Good one Juan! Glad to see there are more like that out there. You are the Best!

Ihumblyflyfish

Bajaboy - 10-15-2007 at 04:22 PM

Here's another shot...

HPIM0586 (Small).JPG - 26kB

jorgie - 10-15-2007 at 04:23 PM

red nose white belly rapala with large spoon..............hmmmm
it ain't all about crocs......

Iflyfish - 10-15-2007 at 04:24 PM

Good one Zac!

Did he spool Juan out?

Iflyfish

shari - 10-15-2007 at 04:26 PM

Yeah, Juan had a long nap after that fight! Here is yet another photo...looks smaller between 2 nomads though. I should have held it up!

smzacjuanyt.jpg - 34kB

Tiomiguel - 10-17-2007 at 10:45 AM

Just keep growing them bigger until I get there so that I can break that record that Juan has just set. Congratulate him for all of us here. Shari, Check your email as I sent one this afternoon about arrangements.

David K - 10-17-2007 at 11:31 AM

Great hat Juan... ;)

SiReNiTa - 10-17-2007 at 08:05 PM

haha nice one~!!!!! put it next to me..lmao...probably twice my size...hey age is not all that matters!!!i may be 18 but i sure don't look like it...boohoo!!!!! so...are you making sushi???

Diver - 10-17-2007 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
...hey age is not all that matters!!!i may be 18 but i sure don't look like it...boohoo!!!!!

Nope, you don't look 18 yet.
Izzy is 12 and still taller and heavier than you !! :biggrin:
This will be a very good thing when you are 50 !! :lol:

shari - 10-18-2007 at 10:47 AM

OK Juan, enough flirting with tellowtail...get back to work on our casa de piedra...which is what Juan does when he isn't fishing for caracol and fishing for fun! It's slow work and we have to go get the rock too but it's coming along nicely...it will be a 2 bedroom private unit with full bath and a killer view of the island from the stone arch patio!

rockaddition.jpg - 48kB

Bajagypsy - 10-18-2007 at 10:50 AM

Wow Juan, what a lot of work you have done since we were last there, the wall is double in size, make sure Shari isn't cracking the whip to much!:lol:

BirdDog - 10-18-2007 at 06:12 PM

Wow what a monster!! Way to go Juan. Your driving me nuts with all these great fish pics. Can't wait to have a chance at one next time we're down. Need to have one to break in our casa. Tecate and fishing sounds like awesome therapy to me. Diver needs to have his doc write me a perscription too.

coconaco - 10-20-2007 at 08:08 AM

Shari-
I loved your intro on BLOODY DECKS.....
but for that crowd - put the stone wall in front of the thong.

Beautiful fish.:wow:

shari - 10-20-2007 at 08:28 AM

geez, it wasnt' EVEN his thong...just the red speedo and I figured bloodydecks LIKED red.....it's their favorite color...I thought they were a macho hardcore..anything goes kind of site???? bunch a woosies...can't even deal with a speedo....:lol: lots of T & A so why not a hunky guy in a speedo?????

Bob and Susan - 10-20-2007 at 08:39 AM

wrong "team" there:lol:

show the picture here and see the reaction:lol:

Minnow - 10-21-2007 at 12:47 PM

That is some beautiful masonry Shari. I love that style. I had the pleasure of assisting an 85yo master mason when living in Cantu a couple of somers ago. Looks to be a very similar style, just the rocks are different. Can't wait to see it in person.

Oh, nice fish. Tell Juan so save me some.:bounce: