BajaNomad

B and B near Catavina

Patches - 10-23-2007 at 01:34 PM

Does anybody know the name of the bed and breakfast rancho just south of Catavina with access road to the east? It's supposed to be a good place and not expensive.

Rancho Santa Ynez

Dave - 10-23-2007 at 02:37 PM

DEVEAU - 10-23-2007 at 04:13 PM

I would not call Santa Inez a "B and B". There was some kind of "resort" just North of Catavina. Some kind of Art/Enviromental ranch. I think they were Domes or Yurts?

David K - 10-23-2007 at 04:13 PM

Access road to the east???

Rancho Santa Ynez (Ines) is a mile south of Cataviņa and has bunk rooms for overnighters along with area for RVs plus the restaurant.

The road east is a 4WD trail to Mision Santa Maria and just beyond... full report: http://community-2.webtv.net/vivabaja/msm

To continue to the east coast by auto, go 33 miles south to Laguna Chapala.... where Hwy. 5 (dirt) joins Hwy. 1... The gulf coast is 37 miles away.

rts551 - 10-23-2007 at 04:31 PM

Rancho Santa Ynez is on a short access road to the east. Thats why it can not be seen from the Hiway. I stayed there before and while it is not a B&B. it does have beds and a restaraunt.

PS I think Whistler has good info on the place

[Edited on 10-23-2007 by rts551]

David K - 10-23-2007 at 04:36 PM

Oh, right.... the ranch's access road goes to the east from Hwy. 1.

I read it as if the ranch has an access road TO THE EAST (side of Baja.... the coast).

Yes, the access road is even blacktop (well old blacktop) and about 3/4 mile off the highway.

A paved runway parallels the access road on the ridgetop. Rancho Santa Ynez was such an important way station in the old Baja dirt road days, that the owner (Josefina) convinced the government to pave her driveway and the runway for pilots.