BajaNomad

How to Flush a Cat, Baja Style

Gypsy Jan - 10-26-2007 at 07:46 PM

Day before yesterday, somehow, maybe because of the winds and ash disruptions from the fires, the in-house cat disappeared.

She's only ventured outside once in five years, and at that time, she bunkered in the garage with the outside cat.

Hours and hours of sweet talk and brandishing various treats produced no results, but she was spotted in the garage by hubby when he went to start the truck this afternoon.

The garage was closed up until we returned and then hubby started up the 30 kw generator housed in the garage.

Whoosh, instant cat, standing by the door, waiting to be let back inside the safe house.

Barry A. - 10-26-2007 at 09:51 PM

Only a CAT can act like that, and that is why we love (or hate) them. :lol:

I choose to love them.

TacoFeliz - 10-27-2007 at 07:23 AM

Pour one quarter cup of shampoo to the toilet, and have both lids lifted.

Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any thing they can find.

Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power wash and rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.

Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.

djh - 10-27-2007 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TacoFeliz

In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any thing they can find.

Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power wash and rinse" which I have found to be quite effective.

Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.

. . . by rolling in some really disgusting, filthy, and smelly, dead thing !!!

(we have FIVE.... and we've seen it all !!! )

Barry A. - 10-27-2007 at 09:00 AM

WASH A CAT????????

I have had many cats, both indoor and outdoor cats-----and we have NEVER washed any of them----------they do a wonderful job of keeping themselves clean ------ DON'T THEY?? :o

(but your method of washing them is halarious) :lol:

Sallysouth - 10-27-2007 at 03:49 PM

Ha ha!!! TacoFelix, that is funny!!You have never really done that have you? Not very nice, if I may say so.I once had a cat that would RUN for the shower as soon as I turned it on to warm up the water.She was in there before I was! She loved the shower!!Funny cats....

[Edited on 10-28-2007 by Sallysouth]

DavidT - 10-27-2007 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
they do a wonderful job of keeping themselves clean ------ DON'T THEY?? :o

Clean? They are covered in cat spit.:rolleyes:

vandenberg - 10-28-2007 at 07:23 AM

Freshly toilet bowl washed and fluffed.:P:P

IM001634 (Small).JPG - 49kB

Gadget - 10-28-2007 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TacoFeliz

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My dog told me this one

Dave - 10-28-2007 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Whoosh, instant cat...

Know how to make a cat go "woof"?

With a can of gasoline and a match.

(Bad dog) :rolleyes:

Lindalou - 10-28-2007 at 12:12 PM

Oh, very, very bad doggie!:(

Martyman - 10-29-2007 at 08:46 AM

No No. It is okay to give a cat a bath. They love it.

You do get a little fur on your tongue though:lol:

Diver - 10-29-2007 at 09:14 AM

Wife talked me into a cat once.
It was supposed to live outside and catch mice.
The dogs loved it. It ran; they ran.
When the snows hit, my compassionate wife let the kitty in the house.
A few days later the smell started to build.
Another day later we found that it was inconspicuously peeing into the floor vents !
Now how do you clean THAT ??
Needless to say, cats CAN fly and do not freeze in the cold.

tijuana_jack - 10-29-2007 at 09:38 AM

The best way to flush a cat?

Catnip?

marla - 10-30-2007 at 01:13 PM

I remember Northridge earthquake I was living in Hollywood and looked everywhere for my cat! I was so upset that I could not find him for days. Finally in the back yard by my neighbor's house I heard a muffled "mmfff" in my neighbor's storage shed. Apparently the door to the storage shed had swung open in the quake, my cat had jumped in to be safe, then the door swung shut in an aftershock and he was trapped! I also remember the one and only time I ever tried to wash that cat. I emerged from the batrhoom covered with bloody scratches and wondering if perhaps the neighbors might have called t he police due to the screaming and yowls that had been emitting from that room. I will never do that again!

oladulce - 10-30-2007 at 06:50 PM

One of our gatos. (encore performance)
www.kikomojado.blogspot.com

She mostly does this in Baja and we gave up trying to keep her out- now she has her own towel . Afterward she goes to a certain spot and makes chorttling noises until you come dry her off.

She's a curious specimen

Sallysouth - 10-30-2007 at 07:03 PM

Wow Ola! Just like my cat that would be in the shower before me!Only, I did not play with her with the water.She just loved it!Curious indeed!Great blog.:wow:

Natalie Ann - 10-30-2007 at 07:42 PM

My cat was always in the shower before us, anticipating that wonderful moment when the water began to flow. She would race from one end of the tub to the other, making it sometimes difficult to keep my balance given all her activity. Turn off the water, and she'd sit there looking up at the non-flowing shower head and meow in the saddest voice.

And then - fast as a rocket - she'd leap out of the tub, race through the house, out the cat door, and roll in the biggest pile of nastiness she could find. A white cat who was always filthy (except for those few moments as she streaked through the house). We called her Tzun the Dirt Queen.

BAJACAT - 10-30-2007 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
WASH A CAT????????

I have had many cats, both indoor and outdoor cats-----and we have NEVER washed any of them----------they do a wonderful job of keeping themselves clean ------ DON'T THEY?? :o

(but your method of washing them is halarious) :lol:
Me:lol::lol:

Mexitron - 10-30-2007 at 08:40 PM

One time when I came home from surfing I saw that my cat had been playing in motor oil somewhere so I left my wetsuit on, picked him up and took him into the shower with me---no scratches!

marla - 10-31-2007 at 08:34 AM

okay oladulce now i have seen everything! A cat that likes the shower and to play fetch. You should submit that video to America's Funniest Home Videos it made me laugh.

Lindalou - 10-31-2007 at 12:22 PM

But Mexitron, did he shread your wetsuit?:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-31-2007 by RichnLinda]

Lindalou - 10-31-2007 at 12:25 PM

Oladuce, thank you very much for that very funny video, I am still laughing! I love cats.