BajaNomad

Heading South!

fishbuck - 10-27-2007 at 02:45 PM

I'm getting a late start but heading south now. Worst part will be the 405/I5 between Costa Mesa and border.
Will try to make it as far as San Quintin today. But will stop early if it gets too late. Maybe only as far as Ensenada.
Tommorrow to B. Asuncion for the tail end of Sirena's B-day party.
And I know, "don't drive after dark"
Wish me luck!

comitan - 10-27-2007 at 02:49 PM

LUCK,LUCK,LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishbuck - 10-27-2007 at 02:53 PM

Thanks!!! Okay, here I go!

Diver - 10-27-2007 at 02:57 PM

Sounds like a Nomad jamboree in Asuncion this weekend !
Another hug for Sirena !!!
Wish we could be there - soooo bad !

And what's your problem, Wiley ?
Get in the car and drive to Asuncion !!! :lol:

Paulina - 10-27-2007 at 03:03 PM

fishbuck,
get off the computer and go! It's getting late!!

Safe trip.

P<*)))><

Bruce R Leech - 10-27-2007 at 03:15 PM

have a good safe trip

fishbuck - 10-31-2007 at 11:22 PM

I'm home! That was the longest short trip ever!
Made it to the party and had lots of fun and met some great people. I would again like to thank Juan and Shari for being so nice to me. They are fine people and I'm glad to call them my friends.
I must also thank Zack (aka Bajaboy) for talking me into staying 1 more day to fish with him and Juan. It didn't take much persuasion because I love to fish. And I really wanted to fish with Jaun. He loves to fish also.
Short story is we each caught a nice yellowtail and some other quality fish. Shari took some nice photos so maybe she will post them.
I had a great time and the only casualty was my right front shock broke. I'd like to blame it on the road into Bahia but it was probably my excessive speed on the road into Bahia that did it. Hey, I like being airborne.
Well, it's all part of the adventure as many of you already know. I'll fill in more details later. Right now I'm too tired. The good kind of tired. Hasta Luego!

[Edited on 11-1-2007 by fishbuck]

Bob H - 10-31-2007 at 11:43 PM

fishbuck... that is ONE GREAT POST.... when I read it I feel as though I am there with you. WOW
Bob H

fishbuck - 11-1-2007 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
fishbuck... that is ONE GREAT POST.... when I read it I feel as though I am there with you. WOW
Bob H

Thanks Bob H. Not as good as yours are. I still have the image of you sitting on a kayak at B. Concepcion. I want to do that!

BajaWarrior - 11-1-2007 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Bob H

Thanks Bob H. Not as good as yours are. I still have the image of you sitting on a kayak at B. Concepcion. I want to do that!

Hi Mike,

good trip report. My wife were in Bahia Asuncion in late August and stayed at Shari and Juan's Beach House.

Absolutely beautiful area. We got the chance to do a lot of exploring on our Quads, Personal Water Craft, and our Truck. It's a go back for sure!

Chuck and Chris