BajaNomad

Crossing Early

Roberto - 10-30-2007 at 08:00 AM

I had to "run" down on Sunday, and I had no choice but to leave early. Given all the discussions on this recently, I decided to take Ferna's (he DOES live there after all) advice and take the free road through TJ to Rosarito. I had taken this road before, but it was a weekday in the middle of rush hour, and I hit pretty bad traffic. In the middle of the night, it's a whole different story. Anyway, I left home at 4:00 AM, crossed at 4:30 AM, and there was enough traffic on the road to make things more comfortable, but not to slow me down in any significant way. For those equipped with Garmin GPS units, here is the track from just north of the border to the toll road in Rosarito.

Attachment: tj-free-road.gdb (13kB)
This file has been downloaded 253 times

fdt - 10-30-2007 at 09:47 AM

Gracias Roberto, a true believer.

bajalou - 10-30-2007 at 09:49 AM

Thanks Roberto - I seldom use TJ entry but this will be saved if I need to.

bajaboolie - 10-30-2007 at 09:53 AM

Glad to hear some more feedback about this road.

conquestkm - 10-30-2007 at 10:45 AM

One thing, be on the alert for in that that one smaill section of road way in the TJ Suburbs. Is motorcycle cops with radar guns . They will nail you if you are going over the speed limit

Whaaa?

Dave - 10-30-2007 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by conquestkm
One thing, be on the alert for in that that one smaill section of road way in the TJ Suburbs. Is motorcycle cops with radar guns . They will nail you if you are going over the speed limit

The route is 100% urban/suburban.

Roberto - 10-31-2007 at 07:42 PM

I have received some requests for a map of this route. Here's the best I can do.

I am attaching a KML version of this file. You can load it in Google Earth, and that can give you something. Even better is to import it into a collection in Microsoft Live Earth. They have a map of TJ, and things start to improve, though the accuracy is not 100%, it is close enough for government work. :lol::lol::lol:

To do it, go to http://maps.live.com/. Click on collections in the right area of the map, select import (you will have to create a free account), then import the KML file.

Good luck!

Attachment: tj-free-road.kml (7kB)
This file has been downloaded 228 times