BajaNomad

PARADE ROUTE FOR BAJA 1000?

bajabound2005 - 11-4-2007 at 02:35 PM

There is supposed to be a parade of vintage cars from TJ to Ensenada on Nov 11 as part of the Baja 1000 event schedule.  Does anyone know what route they are taking or the scheduled time?  Bound to cause some traffic problems for southbound traffic.

Minnow - 11-4-2007 at 02:49 PM

:lol:

Paulina - 11-4-2007 at 03:55 PM

http://www.score-international.com/

That was canceled a while ago. Check the Score website for the schedule of events.

P<*)))><

DENNIS - 11-4-2007 at 04:56 PM

I'm scheduled to drive from Lomas to the Buf on Thursday around 11:30 AM and it's suggested that you stay off the road. I'll be in the midst of a personal fiesta.

Paulina - 11-4-2007 at 05:05 PM

Dennis,

If I were going to be there, I'd be your pit support. I hear that's a rough stretch of road you'll be traveling.None the less, I'm there for 'ya in spirit(s).

P<*)))><

Parade support

bajaguy - 11-4-2007 at 05:07 PM

Let me know your route and I will sit on the curb and clap when you drive by:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Just a suggestion

Dave - 11-4-2007 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I'll be in the midst of a personal fiesta.

Don't you think you should pull over for that?

Shouldn't take but a minute or two and you could use both hands. :rolleyes:

bajabound2005 - 11-4-2007 at 10:37 PM

Wow, the only who has offered any valuable info is Paulina; but thanks to the rest of you jokers....and she's actually checking on race sites to find facts! So far, it's a mixed response. Is the parade on or off? If on, when and where? Jokers need not reply.

Minnow - 11-4-2007 at 11:23 PM

How many roads do you know of between TJ and Ensenada? It is probably on that one.:lol:

capt. mike - 11-5-2007 at 05:45 AM

Dennis.......:biggrin::biggrin:
you are one of the FEW here who regularly crack me up man!!

TMW - 11-5-2007 at 08:03 AM

The SCORE site only says:

A vintage display of off-road vehicles in TJ on Sat. Nov 10 and a parade of vintage vehicles from TJ to Ensenada on Sun. Nov 11 organized by Marty Fiolka, editor of Dirt Sports Mag.

You have to contact Marty to find out the route, time etc. Sue at SCORE could tell you how to contact Marty.

Dave - 11-5-2007 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
How many roads do you know of between TJ and Ensenada? It is probably on that one.:lol:

There are dozens of roads between TJ and Ensenada. It all depends on what's in the trunk. ;)

bajabound2005 - 11-5-2007 at 01:01 PM

This from Pauline's post on race-dezert.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings to all,

Ok, so I had to unbury myself after the work that was the 40 Years to Glory, Off-Road Expo and SEMA. Unfortunately, the communications surrounding the 40th Anniversary Baja 1000 Parade of Champions has suffered in the meantime.

In any case, yes, there will be Parade of Champions on Sunday, November 11th from Tijuana to Ensenada. Look for more info via SCORE early this week, but it should make for a very historic moment in our sport's collective history.

Best,
Marty Fiolka

Minnow - 11-5-2007 at 03:09 PM

Great, so it was another redundant question. :lol::lol:

I guess some people like to hear themselves ..... more than others.:lol: