BajaNomad

Biggest Yellowtail he EVER caught=happy man

shari - 11-6-2007 at 04:47 PM

Well, when Halboo finally got here he sure had a good time! I was kinda worried when Juan took him fishing because bajaboy had gone home and seems to take the fishluck with him. Juan called me on the radio to tell me they were coming in early(not a good sign) and that they caught fish but NO YT...but when I saw Halboo with a crap-eating grin well I figured I'd been duped! When I asked how they did, Hal yelled "BIggest Yellowtail I've EVER caught!!!! A N D the biggest calico I've ever caught too!!!:bounce: Gosh I love to hear that. Well the boys hauled the tina (big tub of fish) down to the blowhole to clean all the fish and a bunch of guys showed up immediately to take the load they caught to their families and lobster traps. No waste, everybody ate very well indeed and the local beer store made a killing too. Halboo, mshalboo and perros stayed a few days just to taste all the delicacies we make here and they made lots of new amigos. I'm sure he'll tell ya all about it. He danced with his nice fish all afternoon!

smhalyt.jpg - 29kB

DENNIS - 11-6-2007 at 04:53 PM

Looks like LOVE to me. Great fish.

How many lbs. was that lunker?

[Edited on 11-6-2007 by DENNIS]

Bajaboy - 11-6-2007 at 05:00 PM

Nice work!

shari - 11-6-2007 at 05:05 PM

I think Juan may have spilled your secret blessing??? Here is the 9 lb calico...we baked him up for din din..yummy

halcalico.jpg - 41kB

David K - 11-6-2007 at 05:17 PM

If this gets out on Mexfish.com or Western Outdoor News... :o well, better build more guest rooms!:bounce:

shari - 11-6-2007 at 05:28 PM

Gary Graham (author of guide to Flyfishing in Mag Bay) was visiting today doing an article about the fishing here and gave me some helpfull hints on taking fish pics...I kinda like these silly ones though...but I'm looking forward to using his tips on the next fish Juan gets. Today they went to
San Roque to fish YT off the beach but there is a monster swell here today....really beautiful! Yeah David, I'm trying to crack the whip to get Juan moving on our rock rooms but he'd rather fish!

SiReNiTa - 11-6-2007 at 07:09 PM

yummy...haha i wanna go fishing!!!...not really

Iflyfish - 11-7-2007 at 07:19 PM

Great pics and fish!!

Keep 'em coming.

Iflyfish

bajaandy - 11-8-2007 at 09:22 AM

Those are NICE fish! Shari, like DK said, you better watch out... people like me will start coming down there just to surf and fish and drink beer!

Minnow - 11-8-2007 at 10:07 AM

I salute Juan and Habaloo for taking such a respectful amount of fish, and risking the temptation to "load up".

I agree DK. Remember what happened when word got out about the great fishing around Camalu, after BBBB4. Now I can't even book a boat there, and someone came in and built a new motel complete with its own fishing fleet.

Shari, you better get Juan working on some new rooms.:yes:

Debra - 11-8-2007 at 04:06 PM

How much did it weigh?

Halboo - 11-8-2007 at 04:41 PM

32 lbs on my fishlipper scale

Tomas Tierra - 11-8-2007 at 04:44 PM

Very Nice Mr. Halboo!!

I love a picture of a brand new fish, LIT UP!

TT

shari - 11-8-2007 at 04:50 PM

Hey Andy...bring it on bro! Whoa...Juan isn't just another pretty face, great musician, nice guy, good fisherman....but a darn good photographer too! It's cool to see San Pablo in the background although it gives away the secret YT spot! shame on you Halboo...ha ha...gosh it's been quiet around here without you! But Juan went back to working on our rock house for all you folks.

Debra - 11-8-2007 at 04:54 PM

NICE!

shari - 11-8-2007 at 05:00 PM

gracias Minnow for recognizing this quality...Juan is looking for another panga, he's gonna need one for his brother to use so they can go out on 2 boats so anyone knowing of a good deal, let us know.

Barbareno - 11-9-2007 at 07:08 AM

Oh man these pictures are killing me. Please tell me the fishen is this good come end of December, beginning of January.

How am I ever to sleep with pictures of that dancing through my head?

Barb