BajaNomad

Biggest Yellowtail he EVER caught=happy man The Reel story!

Halboo - 11-6-2007 at 09:56 PM

Yes it's all true!:yes:
We ate like kings:yes:, made new friends and I had the best day of fishing I've had in years.
I'm not saying just where we went but the water was gin clear:wow: and when I made my first cast with a big 4oz Kroc that had been bouncing around in my tackle bag for years, I was instantly on.:o
Juan said he could see the very big yellow down on the bottom but I was too busy to look. 15 minutes of the toughest fish I've ever fought but I lost the fight and it took me into the rocks.:no:
I finally got smart and whipped out the surface iron:light: and made short work of four very nice yellows including the big lifetime best model:bounce: and countless barracuda and bonito who were climbing over each other to get at my chewed up Kicker Jig which the big yellow finally trashed. Another huge one actually bent open a big heavy siwash hook on one of my Krocs.:o Certainly the best iron bite of my life.:yes:
We moved to another spot and Juan suggested I try the Gulp shad I’d brought on a big lead head and I'm instantly hooking up with 4-6lb calicos and the other personal best a monster 9 pounder; it hit so hard I thought it was another yellowtail.:wow:
Shari and Juan are both wonderful hosts and excellent cooks and he's about as in tune with his speck of ocean as anybody I've known.
Asuncion is gonna bust wide open when the road is finished and I can't wait to go back but boy do I wish that ****** Hiway 1 road was a little wider. I ain't as fearless as I used to be.:(

[Edited on 11-7-2007 by Hose A]

SiReNiTa - 11-8-2007 at 05:39 PM

good for you!!! should have got mom to make sushi for ya...yummy...

Halboo - 11-8-2007 at 09:37 PM

We did have sushi and ceviche.
With my new best friend Hector.

Speaking of sushi;
Don't let your mom forget to give you your birthday present.

SiReNiTa - 11-9-2007 at 05:50 PM

??????? birthday present???? cool hehe