BajaNomad

MULES

lachicana - 11-9-2007 at 06:25 PM

Does anyone out there know where I can buy some mules?

I am in the area of Santiago, B.C.S.

Mules

tehag - 11-9-2007 at 06:45 PM

What will you use them for?

Sorry for being a smartass but,

BMG - 11-9-2007 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lachicana
Does anyone out there know where I can buy some mules?

I heard that Sister Sarah had 2 for sale.

And I know, wrong movie but I'm still being a smartass.

our_badges.jpg - 48kB

Skipjack Joe - 11-9-2007 at 07:11 PM

BMG,

What a great job of casting Huston did for that film. I mean, all three bandidos were great but that one was the best. I tell my kid that playing the hero in a film is easy but it's the bad guys that are fascinating. Here's my all time favorite. Can you guess who he is (and the film).

PrsShane02.jpg - 21kB

BMG - 11-9-2007 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
BMG,

What a great job of casting Huston did for that film. I mean, all three bandidos were great but that one was the best. I tell my kid that playing the hero in a film is easy but it's the bad guys that are fascinating. Here's my all time favorite. Can you guess who he is (and the film).

Who could forget Mr Palance in Shane?

BornFisher - 11-9-2007 at 08:59 PM

Don`t know where you can buy some mules near you but just start asking around and you`ll find some pronto! Weird how some folks just want to hijack threads!!
Reminds me of being in Puerto Escondido on the mainland side and bought a donkey for $24 to help me walk to Puerto Angel. No road then, about 50 miles. Sold him for the $24, and was glad to part ways! Good luck!

mike odell - 11-9-2007 at 09:59 PM

Kinda a wierd question, but here is my half arste answer, Having had a
a coulple of teams in the past years, what are you goona use em for??
Hay ride, plowing fields, general work? Do you have harnesse and collars?
I have always been partiail to mules, haveing have had both horses and
mules, mules are in my estimation aren a lot smarter animial than
lhorses!
But a bit differient in attitude. No esperience with your average Donkey though.
Had a runaway team of mules with a hay wagon full of boy and girls scouts
about 35 years ago, no one hurt, but exiting to be sure.

Skeet/Loreto - 11-10-2007 at 08:57 AM

Yes! If you want to Import go to Bishop Calif. Google up "Bishop Mule Days" and go to the links.

If you come to Texas there are Thousands to choose from. Working, Riding, Show, and many others..
Also try the ranches to the East of Cuidad Constitution.

Skeet

lachicana - 11-10-2007 at 01:51 PM

Thank you Skeet For the info.

I will try looking near Constitution where i know some people.

You were very helpful.

Sincerely,

La Chicana

Paulina - 11-10-2007 at 02:21 PM

lachicana,

I've always wanted a mule/draft cross.
I wish you luck on your search and please let us know what you come up with. I for one would be interested to hear back.

P<*)))><

mule

lachicana - 11-17-2007 at 09:18 AM

I purchased a 5 year old beautiful Mule from Rancho De La Sierra between La Paz & Los Barriles.

I have a ranch near Santiago and plan to use the mule to help plow the field ride, etc.

thanks for the help,

la chicana

Paulina - 11-17-2007 at 09:23 AM

la chicana,

Congrats on your new mule. Would love to see photos, if it's possible. Like I said, I've always wanted one.

P.

Oso - 11-17-2007 at 07:55 PM

Paulina,
Perdon, but how do you get a cross between a mule and anything? Mules, a cross between horses and donkeys, are sterile by definition and incapable of reproduction.:?::?::?:

Paulina - 11-17-2007 at 09:24 PM

http://www.mndonkeyandmule.com/page33.html

Oso,

A mule can have a mammoth Jack sire and a Belgian (draft ) horse mom that can result in a 17hh+ Draft mule. They just call them a mule draft cross.

P.

Oso - 11-18-2007 at 10:10 AM

Thanks for the education!:light:

I always thought of mules as mules. I didn't know there were varieties based on different sires and dams.