BajaNomad

Baja Mileros (1000ers) psyche up for race in Asuncion

shari - 11-14-2007 at 09:12 AM

We had a fun crash course in how to win the baja 1000 race last night with visiting race car driver Travis flethcher and entourage(Travis is the guy crouching down in front and his copilot is behind him). They were hanging here before taking the wheel at dawn this morning in Vizcaino. We really enjoyed all their photos and stories and we followed the race on the internet all last night. So I got to ask all kinds of questions and learned the hot tip for winning is to forget the cathetar(what they pee into) so you drive faster cause you gotta pee really really bad...imagine all those bumps!!! These guys were soooo COOL...high tech equipment and super relaxed...planning their strategy to win...I wish them the best of luck...it rained here again last night which should make it interesting...my condolences to the families of those who suffered a loss of loved ones in the helicopter accident at Mike's Skyranch...

[Edited on 11-14-2007 by shari]

fletcherbaja1000sm.jpg - 37kB

SiReNiTa - 11-14-2007 at 10:46 AM

ouch yeah...waaaaaaaaaa i wanted to meet them hehe... but i got to watch all the cars and motos and everything ahaha i got home at 4:30 am!! and had to work at 9 am ouch!!....hehehe i got videos too!!! i didn't get stickers but i did get a blister 'cause one of the pilots stepped on my toe!!!!